We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corsica Oktober

Oslo
Level Contributor
5 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Corsica Oktober

Hi.

We are going to Corsica in October. Have anyone got any experience with the weather there at that time of year?

I am trying to find a small hotel or maybe a house in the south half of the island. I am looking for something a bit special for this trip. Preferably with a great view and service a bit over the normal. I don't mind paying a bit extra if I find something special. Any recommendation?

Thanks

Lars

Hillerod, Denmark
Level Contributor
291 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corsica Oktober

Hi Lars,

Corsica can be very nice and summerly in October. The sea and river temperatures will still be over 20 degrees C. This means that you can swim and on good days lay on the beach if you choose one which is shielded from the wind. It also means that the evenings can be quite warm, so that you can dine in open air.

October is on the other hand also the second most rainy month of the year so you should prepare yourself for some heavy rainfalls - whcih may turn into snow in the high mountains in the last part of October.

If I were you I would go as early in October as possible because many hotels and restaurants close down by the middle of October.

I am an Haute-Corse lover, so others will have to guide to hotels in the South. Be ware though that relatively big part of the hotels will have closed down for the season.

If you look for sel-catered accommodations you will find the widest selection at homeaway.co.uk

Enjoy Corsica !

Kind regards

Trine (www.algajola.dk)

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Corsica Oktober

Hi Lars,

October is a great time to visit the island - weather can be very nice but also much more uncertain (reality is that it could very well rain with 15C for the full week - but also have beautiful weather with decent temperatures (average for the month is about 22C and sea temperature is about 20C).

If you want service you should really go for a hotel...and if you are looking for 'above normal' with great views then you will have many options in the South including Grand Hotel Cala Rossa, Casadelmar Laplage, etc.!

Enjoy Corsica!!

VillaFanny-PortoVecchio

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,914 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corsica Oktober

Hotel Abbartello outside of Olmeto sits right on the coast: www.hotelabbartello.com. You would need a car.

4. Re: Corsica Oktober

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15