We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location, location

Europe
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Location, location

Hi,

We will be arriving to Corsica with car (ferry Livorno - Bastia) on 20th August for 10 days. Family with 2 kids (5yrs, 10yrs),

We've been debating heavily where is the best place to base ourself. Primary objective of vacation is of course beach holiday, however we would like to experience a few of them. Kids don't mind driving between 1hr - 1,5hrs one way, however I would like to avoid those with really heavy turns (that's why we won't be venturing to much into mountains, just a bit, for the taste). Husband and I are both experience drivers and I've read the "rules" on this forum.

We don't mind turistic areas, as long as the beaches are nice (sandy, turquoise water, etc). So for base, we were thinking either north east coast (between Bastia and Aleria) or north coast (Saint Florent, Algajola). What do you think is better for base?

Thank you for helping.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location, location

It's the end of July and you haven't booked accommodations yet for August.

Your issue is not WHERE you will stay but rather IF you can stay there.

Accommodations on Corsica in July / August are booked solid months in advance.

You are in a "take what you can get" situation.

Good luck.

Hillerod, Denmark
Level Contributor
282 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location, location

Hi,

I think Algajola would fit you demands perfectly.

Accommodation can be hard to find especially in the first part of your vacation period. The last part should not be such a problem.

I happen to know that friends of mine (with whom I have absolutely no commercial interest) just yesterday had a cancellation for their 2 bedroom apartment with seaview in Algajola for the week starting with 16 August. Their apartment is also available in the week starting with 23 August. So they do have 10 consequtive days available as you request.

If you are interested here is the link to their ad : http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p6312776

Good luck.

Kind regards

Trine (www.algajola.dk)

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Location, location

Hi MisaEurope

If you are looking for nice beaches with sandy turquoise water indeed, the last thing you should consider is the north east coast (everything else should do). This being said, the fact that it is not as nice, makes it more human and also quieter (as you would expect, all nice beaches are just too busy to be enjoyable in August).

Enjoy Corsica!

VillaFanny

Europe
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Location, location

Hi,

thanks for above message, however I have 3 different accomodations on stand-by, based on location decision. St Florent, Algajola, Biguglia. So which one to choose?

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
862 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location, location

Not Biguglia. - part of greater Bastia, near airport, not a tourist destination, flat, swampy, nothing to recommend it.

Either of the other two would do; I'd make the decision based on the exact location (near beach, restaurants, etc) and quality/price of the accommodation on offer.

6. Re: Location, location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:16