We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather report from Calvi

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Weather report from Calvi

I finally managed to get the internet working in our apartment here, so I thought you might like a weather report on what late September is like in north west Corsica...

Our first two days (Monday 25 and Tuesday 26) were appalling - heavy rain and storms with a few breaks but no blue sky to speak of. Since then it's been great - beach every day for those who wanted it, and temperatures in the 24-27 C region. We were able to eat outside most evenings. The local paper is forecasting more good weather for the next few days.

Most of the restaurants are still open - though some are closing at the end of the month - but meanwhile it's still buzzing here. Wish you were here (well, maybe not all of you!) I can recommend it.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather report from Calvi

Good news is that the BBC 5 day weather forecast today is showing sun on some days and sun with some cloud on the other days and temperatures around 24-25 degrees, but no rain so its looking good. Can't believe it will last for the whole of our trip but fingers crossed ! We are hopefully meeting up with Clarizka from California (tripadvisor poster on the Corsica forum) in the marina in Calvi for a glass of wine on the evening of 7th October so if you are still there, come and join us !

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather report from Calvi

I had assumed the cafes on the front in the marina will still be open ?? Hopefully they will.

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather report from Calvi

I'll do my best (The seventh is our last day). Had you a particular cafe in mind? Let me know where and what time.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather report from Calvi

If you can recommend a cafe that would be great. Have suggested 7 p.m. as we have dinner arranged in our hotel at 8.00-8.30 p.m. We are driving back from Bonifacio that day, Clara will be in Calvi, and we have agreed to e-mail each other the day before. Hopefully the plan will come to fruition but see how we go. In the meantime, a cafe suggestion would be welcome. Thanks.

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather report from Calvi

OK, how about the Café Napoleon, very near Calvi Railway station, on the roundabout at the bottom of the main shopping street. I'll be wearing a black hat and probably drinking a Pietra. ... The Café Napoleon is about 30 metres from the Marina. Please drop me an email if you can't make it!

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather report from Calvi

Sounds good, will e-mail Clara with suggestion. Goodness knows how we will know who is who but see how it goes !! If the plan goes awry will e-mail you.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather report from Calvi

Arrived in Calvi today, had a wander round and it is buzzing as you say, great weather. Had a beer in the Cafe Marchetti and think the cafe you recommended for a meet up is the Brasserie Bonaparte next door ??? Will e-mail Clara later this week with the location.

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather report from Calvi

Ooh, I'm not sure now. I'll pop into Calvi later in the week and let you know. I'm sure we can find somewhere we both know.

Not often we have two TA members posting to each other while in Corsica! The wonders of technology...

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather report from Calvi

Yes, you're right. The Brasserie Bonaparte is what I meant - sorry! See you there on Saturday around 7pm.

w62
London
Level Contributor
828 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather report from Calvi

am very jealous