We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Propriano vs. Ajaccio

Which Ajaccio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Propriano vs. Ajaccio

We are going to Corsica in early September. I am looking at the Miramar Boutique Hotel in Propriano vs. Hotel Demeure les Mouettes, which is just north of Ajaccio. We want to go to Porto Vecchio and Bonifacio for day trips. Should we stay in Propriano? Are there a lot of good local restaurants there? Any comments on the hotel choices? Thank you!

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Propriano vs. Ajaccio

Propriano is lively seaside resort that is convenient for touring the south. So yes it has a lot of restaurants. Ajaccio is more of a big city, less relaxing for a vacation. I must admit I haven't been since 1982 (for the 4th summer in a row) but it was great then!

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Propriano vs. Ajaccio

I must admit that I'm confused. If you want to go to Porto vecchio and bonifacio, why don't you stay in one of those places? You certainly would not want to go on two separate day trips to two places close together

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Propriano vs. Ajaccio

The flights into Ajaccio are a lot more plentiful. We are flying in from Paris, and there is only one flight out of Figari each day. I guess the drive would only be 2-3 hours to the Ajaccio airport. Would you suggest Bonifacio or Porto Vecchio?

London, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Propriano vs. Ajaccio

Bonifacio is a small village on the cliffs...Porto Vecchio is much larger....which makes the experience completely different. I would say that you should go to Bonifacio if you find a dream place (sperone beach etc. - so that you can stay there for the entire week as there are not that many day trips to do from there) or to Porto Vecchio if you want something more lively and conveniant (super markets, night clubs, etc.) and with lots of day trips available.

To your earlier point, i would say that Propriano is a very good compromise...and would definitely get my vote against Ajaccio.

Enjoy Corsica!

VillaFanny

5. Re: Propriano vs. Ajaccio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ajaccio