We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay, Ajaccio?

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay, Ajaccio?

Planning a week in Corsica in June, maybe to stay near Ajaccio as my husband is interested in Napoleonic history.

Would appreciate any accommodation recommendations, as we haven't had much luck with booking villas direct theses past two years!

There will only be 2 of us, so happy to book an hotel…...

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,503 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay, Ajaccio?

Well I wouldn't stay in Ajaccio for more than a couple of days. It's a very pleasant town, but is not representative of what Corsica has to offer. You really need to hire a car, public transport is sparse to non-existent. That would enable you to visit central Corsica around Corte and/or Les Calanques between Piana and Porto on the west coast, a world heritage site, as well as coastal villages such as Cargese.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,748 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay, Ajaccio?

Completely agree. And you can see pretty much see everyhting that Ajaccio has to offer in a day or so

Ajaccio, France
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay, Ajaccio?

HELLO! Ajaccio is a real open-air museum in the memory of Napoleon. You are Welcome to the Imperial City, a city of history, culture and future. The capital of the island is full of beauty dating from very different eras, and a visit to his old town offers an amazing comeback in the past, between history and exoticism. The memories of the former emperor and of the Bonaparte family really impregnate the city...

My Corsica Booking Office is based in Ajaccio. Please call my Office if you plan Vacations Rentals and Guided Tours of The Isle of Beauty!

My mobilphone is : + 33 6 88 98 02 92.

E-Mail : 20000dnj@gmail.com

Skype account : Jourdan.dominique.noelle

I propose Luxury residences with exceptional positions in Ajaccio, Vacations rentals, private apartments or properties, that ensures you Your Holidays Success in Family, in Couple or between Friends... I Welcome You, Plan with you your Guided Tour and Guide You through Corsica Beauties...

I have an apartment to rent for you, next to the bloody panorama of the islands and in front of the bay of Ajaccio...The four islands are a classified site, listed in Directory European Natura 2000. just let me know your budget vacation rental and I will book for you your dates. I will send you pictures of the apartment. Hôtels are much more expensive in Corsica! Just Call Me!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,748 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay, Ajaccio?

You can't use this Forum to advertise your business.

Your post will be removed.

5. Re: Where to stay, Ajaccio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 05:16