We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ajaccio --- Please help questions!

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Topic
Ajaccio --- Please help questions!

Hello --- I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Corsica.... I plan to stay there for 7 days at the end of August/beginning of Sept and would like to base myself out of Ajaccio. I am by myself and would like to find a fairly cheap hotel/motel.

My two questions :

Can anyone offer some suggestions on the best value for a motel/hotel with a pool? It does not need to be fancy or close to the beach.

How hard is for an American to rent a car?

Thanks in advance!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ajaccio --- Please help questions!

Hi! We are going a few months earlier and are using Booking.com or Hotels.com (or comparing them all using Hotelscombined.com). Car rental companies represented there include Avis, Budget, Hertz and others.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ajaccio --- Please help questions!

There is no particular challenge for an American to rent a car. As long as you can drive a manual transmission. Absolutely the best way to do it is to use a consolidator......www.autoeurope.com is the best one. Call them...their operators are excellent and well-informed.

July and August are THE busiest months on the island although the latter half of August is somewhat less so.

I wouldn't recomment staying in Ajaccio....Cargese is a pretty little place that is not that far from Ajaccio....an hour or so. Have a look for accomodations there.

3. Re: Ajaccio --- Please help questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:18