We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pony trekking, good restaurant, wine tasting... 1 day???

Blackpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Pony trekking, good restaurant, wine tasting... 1 day???

Hi we are stopping in Ajaccio for 1 day whilst on a cruise in May 2014. I'd love to take my daughter pony trekking (she would need a leader) but we'd love to combine it with a good meal and a good wine if possible. Does anyone know if I could achieve this around the Ajaccio area????

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,245 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Pony trekking, good restaurant, wine tasting... 1 day???

The first thing to consider is that public transport on Corsica is dismal at best. So if you want to get out into the country to go horseback riding you would very likely have to rent a car.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Pony trekking, good restaurant, wine tasting... 1 day???

Thanks for the reply! I'll have to have a look into that or perhaps taxis??

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,245 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: Pony trekking, good restaurant, wine tasting... 1 day???

There are not a lot of taxis in Ajaccio and it will be expensive. You willl likely pay for the taxi ride out to a ranch and the also for the taxi's trip back to Ajaccio. You will pay for both ways when the taxi comes back out to get you......

Blackpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Pony trekking, good restaurant, wine tasting... 1 day???

I will maybe combine it with the train. Do you know of any places to go?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,245 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: Pony trekking, good restaurant, wine tasting... 1 day???

Have you done any research about Ajaccio?

There is a narrow gauge train to Bastia.

It runs infrequently.

It's not going to take you anywhere close to a ranch for horse riding. Particularly in May.

Go to the library...get a guide book.

Or just content yourself with wandering around Ajaccio for the day.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Pony trekking, good restaurant, wine tasting... 1 day???

With all due respect I wasn't looking for someone to tell me to go get a guide book, I was looking for any positive suggestions of places I could go to. I am aware I could get a guide book but I was looking for some ideas from other sources too!

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: Pony trekking, good restaurant, wine tasting... 1 day???

Carol, you could try this place for horse-riding close to the Airport at Ajaccio so a taxi should get you there. They offer a variety of horse-riding services including some ponies for very small children. Look under 'Activites' and then click on 'Promenades' for info on accompanied outings on horseback from as little as an hour, and on 'Bapteme Poneys' for the ponies for the little ones. The website is in French but you could use an online translation facility to help.

http://www.ajaccio-equitation.com/index.php

You could if you wish send them an email in English giving them your requirements. Obviously French would be better but on a directory website where they are listed it says that English is spoken.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Pony trekking, good restaurant, wine tasting... 1 day???

Thank you! That's really helpful I will have a look at that website tonight but it sounds great. I haven't come across when looking on google so your reply is much appreciated.

9. Re: Pony trekking, good restaurant, wine tasting... 1 day???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:19