We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Supermarket Opening

Which Bastia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sussex England
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Supermarket Opening

Can anyone tell me whether there is a supermarket or hypermarket near Bastia Airport that is open on a Sunday in May? If there is how do I find it?

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,471 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Supermarket Opening

The last time I visited on Sunday, there was a small supermarket just up the road towards Bastia. Drive out of the airport and down to the main road, N193, and turn right towards Bastia centre, it's on the right after about a mile. I was directed there by the car hire people so please check with them when you pick up your car. By the way, I don't think there are any hypermarkets as we know them on Corsica.

Sussex England
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Supermarket Opening

Thanks for that information. I was in Corsica last May, arriving on a Sunday at Bastia, but failed to find any supermarket open. I know where you are directing me so will give it a try! Alan

southwales
Level Contributor
732 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Supermarket Opening

We will be in a similar situation later this month, arriving at Bastia airport on a Sunday and heading North.

Does anyone know if this supermarket mentioned in post 1, (looking on Google Earth I believe it is a U Express) will be open on a Sunday afternoon?

Or is there any where else in the area we can get some basic supplies at about 4pm on a Sunday?

Hampshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Supermarket Opening

I think we found the supermarket Aardvark10 is describing - it was open on a sunday afternoon (until about 4pm I think). As Aardvark, mentions, best to ask the car hire people (they probably get asked the same question every week).

We found there were a few small shops selling basic food and drink open as well (more expensive) but you probably just need basic provisions to see you through sunday evening, before doing a bigger shop on the monday.

southwales
Level Contributor
732 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Supermarket Opening

Thanks for the reply. Yes I think the best plan will be to ask the car hire people. As you say we will do a big shop on the Monday.

6. Re: Sunday Supermarket Opening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2013, 10:15