We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau Fountainebleau & La Vallee Village

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
29 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Chateau Fountainebleau & La Vallee Village

Hi dears we family of 5 plans to visit both places on 22/12 Sat & taking the train from Nation station Paris. Appreciate if you can share how do we take the public transport. We plan to buy Paris visite card 2 days zone 1-5 & Jevenes weekend pass for our 3 teenagers as we plan to visit chateau versailles on sunday using the paris museum pass. For the PMP does it include all the places ie. chateau, Trianon & Marie- Antoinette hamlet? I tried the ratp. fr finding your way from Nation metro to Montargis but no matches also from Montargis sens to Val D Europe? Lastly would 4-5 hours in Chateau Fountainebleau be sufficient as we plan to spend balance time at La Vallee Village till it closes 8pm. If can plan to drop by Disneyland to take photos only, do you think its possible? What time is the last train back to Nation? Thank you so very much cheers

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,273 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chateau Fountainebleau & La Vallee Village

You are very, very confused somewhere along the way.

The Trianon and Marie-Antoinette's palace are at Versailles, not Fontainebleau.

Fontainebleau is in, um, Fontainebleau -- which is not anywhere near Montargis -- it's some 50 km from Fontainebleau.

Versailles is 30km to the WEST of Paris, Fontainebleau is 40km to the SOUTHEAST of Paris, and La Vallee Village is 30 km to the EAST of Paris.

Please clarify the places you actually want to visit, and then we might be able to help you.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
29 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chateau Fountainebleau & La Vallee Village

Hi Sunshine my apologies, on 22/12 we plan to visit Chateau Fontainebleau for 1/2 day 930-130pm then visit La Vallee Village balance of day. My question is I'm staying around Nation station hence how do I take the train to both places. Would 4 hours visit is sufficient for Fontainebleau? When we are done with La Vallee at 8pm can we hop on the train & stop by Disneyland just to take photos as I understand its closeby? What time is the last train to Nation station? I plan to buy the Paris Visite zone 1-5 for 2 days while 2 days Juvenes weekend pass for my 3 teenagers. Do you think this would be the most economical tickets? On 23/12 we plan to visit Chateau Versailles. Shall ask my questions on Versailles forum. Thanks so much for all your advice. Cheers

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,273 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chateau Fountainebleau & La Vallee Village

there isn't a train directly from Fontainebleau to LVV, and it's logistically awkward, as you have to go back to Paris and change trains at Gare de Lyon and change to the RER-A to go to Val d'Europe (where LVV is located)

The prices at LVV are certainly not worth a special trip -- the word "outlet" is used rather loosely, and there are only rarely bargains to be found versus buying the merchandise at a regular store.

I absolutely would not limit or cut short your time at Fontainebleau to visit a high-end shopping center with no price advantage, but it's your trip.

Disneyland is one stop beyond Val d'Europe -- while you could absolutely take photos of the front gates and visit Disney Village, you won't be allowed into the park itself to take photos. That then becomes your decision as to how important it is to have a photo of the front gates.

the Paris Visite pass is 31,15 for two days. Two one-day Mobilis passes are 30,40.

The Ticket Jeunes (note the spelling) is 7,20 -- but this is a one-day pass only -- so it will be 14,40 per teenager for the weekend. There is no two-day youth weekend pass.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chateau Fountainebleau & La Vallee Village

You might find it easier to search train schedules using the website www.transilien.com. Trains from Paris to Fontainebleau leave from Gare de Lyon and it takes 38 minutes to get to the stop Fontainebleau-Avon. From there it's a 5-10 minute bus ride to the château. The buses depart from right next to the train platform. Bus 1 goes to the château. I agree with everything Sunshine has said. Here's a link to the town of Fontainebleau official website with info about bus schedules:

fontainebleau-tourisme.com/index.php/en/usef…

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
29 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chateau Fountainebleau & La Vallee Village

Hello Sunshine & French.....Thank you so very much for your advice & we shall take your advice not to go to LVV & Disney Paris for photo taking. So what's your suggestion do we need to buy the Paris Visite 2 days or just buy the mobilis? Price wise as shared by sunshine its cheaper but understand there're discount's to some attractions like Montparnasse 30% etc. Can I buy all the passes ie. Mobilis, Paris Visite & Jevenes at Gare d Nord Eurostar station when we arrive? Thanks again so very much for your valuable advise....cheers

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,273 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chateau Fountainebleau & La Vallee Village

It's only worth the price if you're actually going to *use* any of the discounts!

You can buy the Mobilis and TICKET JEUNES at any Metro/RER station in the network (from the machines or from a manned window) -- the Visite is only available from manned windows.

(There's that spelling thing again -- it's not to be nitpicky, but because if you do an online search for jevenes you'll get nothing, and if you ask them for a jevenes pass they won't know what you want)

Nz
Level Contributor
4 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chateau Fountainebleau & La Vallee Village

Interestingly I went to Pernety metro this morning to buy a Paris Visite and was directed by the person in the manned office to use the machine (having been told that only manned offices issue them!).

The machine duly issued one - but only the cardboard barrier ticket not the back card that used to accompany it.

Not sure if the machine was SNAFU or whether what is now issued has changed since my last visit to Paris.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,273 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chateau Fountainebleau & La Vallee Village

do mean the cardboard carrier? Of course the machine won't give you one of those -- they're not set up to print or dispense them.

9. Re: Chateau Fountainebleau & La Vallee Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 08:17