We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets online for Fontainebleau Chateau?

Minneapolis...
3 posts
Save Topic
Tickets online for Fontainebleau Chateau?

Is there a way to buy or reserve tickets online for the Fontainebleau Chateau? Or is that even necessary? I'm planning to visit at the end of August and would hate to get turned away or stuck in long lines.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets online for Fontainebleau Chateau?

Hi, if you look at the "attraction reviews" for Fontainebleau you'll see that a recurring theme is "It was so nice not to have crowds!" I visited some years ago and don't remember any lines at all; I'm planning to visit again in early September and will just walk up. Those with more recent familiarity may correct me, but the impression I've gotten is that its not at all like Versailles in this respect.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,232 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets online for Fontainebleau Chateau?

There's no need to pre-purchase tickets for Fontainebleau. Buy them when you arrive. There are no lines and no crowds.

Fontainebleau...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets online for Fontainebleau Chateau?

Saw this too late for your visit in August, but I'll reply for the benefit of others. There's no need to buy tickets in advance - I don't actually know if you can - as there are never long lines. In fact there's hardly ever a line at all. Fontainebleau is much further from Paris so it doesn't get the same number of tourists as Versailles.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to both the chateau and the town of Fontainebleau.

4. Re: Tickets online for Fontainebleau Chateau?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2015, 10:15