We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Paris with Sick Child

Los Angeles, CA
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling to Paris with Sick Child

Hi...my sister and I are coming to Paris in mid march with my 12 year old niece, who was diagnosed in October with an inoperable brain tumor. The reason for our trip is to take my niece, Katie, to Lourdes. We are flying into Paris on March 15 and then taking the train or flying to Lourdes for a couple days. We will then return to Paris for the remainder of our trip. My niece is in a wheelchair because of mobility issues due to her tumor. Can anyone recommend a mid priced hotel that would accomodate us? We would like to be close to museums, etc...so we can walk or grab a cab or bus. Thank you for your help.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travelling to Paris with Sick Child

ametzy -

My inclination would be to fly from Paris to Lourdes. Air France is the only airline flying this route. The fly from Orly (ORY) which is closer to Paris than CDG and much easier to negotiate. I would suggest that you use a good van service to take you to the airport. Grey Shuttle www.greyshuttle.com seems to be reliable. And I would let Air France know exactly what you need in the way of assistance. They must surely be quite accustomed to dealing with passengers with mobility issues on the Paris-Lourdes route. Do contact the Lourdes volunteer organization and let them know about any special asistance you will need getting from the airport to your hotel in Lourdes or while you are there.

You have had some good hotel recommendations. I like the l'Hospitel suggesion if you do not mind that it is actually in a hospital building. The location is great.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and all your family.

Los Angeles, CA
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Travelling to Paris with Sick Child

Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions. I have emailed Hotel Brighton as well as the hospital hotel that was reccomended. Any other advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

ametzy

13. Re: Travelling to Paris with Sick Child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 14:27