We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Shuttle

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport Shuttle

Hello, I hope someone can help me! I just planned a trip to Paris in mid-November. My travel agent got me airport shuttle transfers for $150 round trip for 2 people. I think it's a bit expensive...Has anyone used Paris Shuttle or Bee Shuttle? We are flying into Charles de Gaulle and staying at the Hotel du Lourve...Also this is our first trip, so any advice, suggestions, etc are appreciated!Thank you!

Kensington, MD...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Shuttle

Yes, that is very expensive. We always use PariShuttle ourselves and recommend it to the clients who rent our apartment. For two people, it should cost you about $100 (including tip) round trip. Be sure to make your reservations online at www.PariShuttle.com. When you arrive at CDG, you will call them from the free paypone (I know, it's a non-sequiter), near the baggage carousel, and they will tell you where to meet the van.

Sunny Isles Beach...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Shuttle

Julie, I'm not sure what line it was, but I know that I caught a very comfortable fullsized bus, right at the L'Etoile, right at the Arc d'Triomphe, and it took me directly to my airline departure entrance at the airport. I was told that all Parisians in their right mind all use this service, and I could tell that was true because not only was it full, but there were several buses just like it right behind it, already filling up at the Arc d'Triomphe. A huge convenience and savings over the $100Euro taxi I had taken on the way into Paris. It was only $10 or $20 Euros max. I remember thinking that I have to remember to do this next time I arrive in Paris, because it obviously runs in the other direction as well. Wish I could tell you the name of the line!

Irish in Paris
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Shuttle

Paris Shuttle from CDG airport :

If you���re in a group of 3 or more people then consider getting a minibus to take you into the city. One of these will cost about 25��� for one person, 18��� for 2-4 people and ���15 for 4+.

The airport is split up into 3 terminals, CDG1, CDG2 and Terminal 9 (T9). If you're arriving at CDG2 then you take the RER B into the city centre, stopping at most likely either the Gare de Nord, Chatelet or St. Michel station.

If you're arriving into CDG1 then you need to take the green shuttle bus (free) to bring you to the RER(train) station.

The journey takes about 30mins and it'll set you back 7.50��� for the one-way ticket.

Taking a taxi from outside the RER station is easy, takes about 45 minutes to get into town depending on traffic and costs about 50���.

Kensington, MD...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Shuttle

I would advise against the RER unless you're not taking any baggage. Dealing with luggage on the train (not to mention the multitudinous stairs at the the various stations) is not a fun way to begin a vacation! I know this firsthand, as I actually got stuck (along with 3 large suitcases) between two locked turnstiles at the metro station on my first trip to Paris. My rudimentary French at that point didn't include the phrase "Help, I'm stuck!" so I was convinced that someday they would find my skeleton there and move it to the Catacombs. Take the easy way out and go by shuttle!

USA
Level Contributor
27,556 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Shuttle

Just this suggestion: unless you will be met at the airport by a car & driver that price is just about DOUBLE what the average airport shuttle service costs, Even round-trip in a taxi (avg 50 Euro each way) would olny be approx. $130. Perhaps you need a new travel agent??

BLUE VAN SHUTTLE-- http://www.bluvan.fr/

PARIS AIRPORT SHUTTLE-- http://www.paris-airport-shuttle.com/

In addition to this there are:

ROISSYBUS-- http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01_an.nsf/$$Affich@ReadForm&cle=X500520521103BDCBD07A4923FF4125687E006DB8F3.html

AIR FRANCE COACH-- http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01_an.nsf/$$Affich@ReadForm&cle=X5005205211D321BDC3285597144125687E006DB86E.html

And then a taxi from the Taxi Stand right at either service's drop-off points. to your hotel.

If you want to combine convenience and economy: you could simply take a taxi from the regular taxi ranks outside of every CDG terminal building (use only taxis marked TAXI PARISIENNE), to your hotel upon Arrival and then arrange an Airport Shuttle service through the front desk for the return back to CDG for your Departure.

I'm a big fan of the RER B-3 FROM CDG to Gare du Nord, then a taxi from the front doors of the train station, across town to our hotel--but I'm not sure this would suit you? Even then, we arrange for a BLUE VAN shuttle pick-up for our return to CDG.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Shuttle

Hi, $150 US sounds exorbitant to me. My friend and I were in Paris in Dec. last year. We took a regular taxi our hotel on Rue de Malakoff. The fare for two people was very reasonable. I don't remember the exact number of euros we paid, but we thought the fare was modest and inexpensive. Unless you want to arrive like a celebrity, I suggest a taxi. Or, go to parishotels.com. Click on their shuttle service link.

Sunny Isles Beach...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Shuttle

THANK YOU, KDKSAIL! I guess it must have been the Air France Coach that I took! It was wonderful, and looking up the website, I guess the lower number I remembered was actually correct (only $10Euros!) Now the important question for me for next trip: where in blazes within Charles de Gaulle do I catch it to get into Paris the next time? (and also for the folks who originally started this thread)

USA
Level Contributor
27,556 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Shuttle

Finding the Le CARS AIR FRANCE pick-up spots at any of the CDG Arrival terminal buildings isn't really a problem. The locations are well marked and even the most poorly accented, "..Ou sont les Cars Air France??.." will get someone to point you in the right direction---

http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01_an.nsf/$$Affich@ReadForm&cle=X5005205211D321BDC3285597144125687E006DB86E.html

VA
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Shuttle

I will like to know what to take fro Airpot CDG to go to the Champs Elysees or any central area. We will arive Paris at 12 noon ,

Malta
Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Shuttle

Do you have to be flying Air France to use their shuttle service?