We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding French Bargains in US stores

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
154 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Finding French Bargains in US stores

Where are you able to find your favorite French items here at home, at a discount? I recently bought a set of four Quimper 'season' plates at TJ Maxx ($30@ v. $100@ retail) and Limoges collectibles for 50% off at Tuesday Morning. I saw, but didn't buy, several stacks of Gien Oiseau Bleu salad plates for next to nothing.

boston
Level Contributor
330 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding French Bargains in US stores

I was so impressed by the perfumes in Paris that now I look to try scents I'm not familiar with. I wear perfume more now and try not to put on too much. TJ Maxx and Marshalls are local places that have some French perfumes at a discount.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding French Bargains in US stores

I like Marshalls for the French milled soaps and perfumes and cooking utensils.

Trader Joes is wonderful for the Supreme Brie cheese ( Best I have bought here in USA!), French Roast coffee ( imported), the French port pate, Britany Biscuits and the French chocolate, and sodas, other French cheeses too, etc are a nice treat.

I have found Ribeauville tableclothes in Maison de France locally too.

3. Re: Finding French Bargains in US stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 11:19