We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with hotel choice

South Bend, IN
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with hotel choice

I have a two day layover in Paris returning from Spain in May. I am delighted about it, but I have a small problem.

I remember from previous trips what a pain it can be to get from deGaulle airport into the city lugging baggage. I don't want to have to stay in a hotel out by the airport, and because of security they no longer have baggage locker at the airport. Does anyone know of a hotel in Paris with a shuttle or some form of transportation to/from deGaulle airport?

It wouldn't bother me, but I am travelling with my mother (who is a little oler) and I think it will be difficult to have her hauling luggage aound on the trains.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprectiated.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with hotel choice

There are no hotel shuttles in Paris but there are several airport shuttles (that go to any hotel in Paris)..

www.beeshuttle.com

www.parishuttle.com

South Bend, IN
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with hotel choice

Thank you travelnutty! You are an angel!

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with hotel choice

I would suggest you look for a hotel somewhere close to the Seine in the 4th (Marais) or 6th (St. Germain des Prés) arrondissements (or possibly the 5th — Latin Quarter — but it's a bit "young" and *very* touristy).

As for getting from the airport, a Taxi Parisien from right outside the terminal won't cost you much more than a shuttle and will be easier and faster. (I'm not a fan of airport shuttles in Paris. Too many stories about lost luggage and shuttles showing up late ot not at all and so on...) The only problem is that if you get caught in a traffic jam the taxi can start to get expensive, but that rarely happens. Generally a taxi to the central arrondissements will cost you 45€-55€ depending on exactly how far, time of day, traffic conditions etc.

With so little time waiting around for a shuttle isn't what I would want to do...

Enjoy!

South Bend, IN
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with hotel choice

Thanks for the suggestions.

That really isn't too bad a price for the taxi.

I appreciate your help.

USA
Level Contributor
28,627 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with hotel choice

For your particular requirements and special needs, you may be best served by using a combination of airport transfer modes---a regular TAXI PARISIAN from the regular taxi rank, located just outside of your CDG arrival terminal, directly to your hotel in central Paris....and then, you can pre-arrange for one of the airport shuttle-van services through your hotel's front desk, for your return to CDG for your outbound flight.

As for hotel location, since you probably want to be as conveniently located near to the '..PARIS..' you've come to see within your brief stay, you will probably be best served by selecting a hotel in one of the '..core..' arrondissements (close to many of the major sites and attractions) in the 1er-Louvre / Tuileries; or 4eme-Îles / lower-Marais on the Right Bank...OR... upper-5eme-Latinn Quarter or upper-6eme-Saint Germain des Prés on the Left Bank...in any case, the closer to the Seine the better. These areas will have a concentration of a great many good hotels--from basic 2-stars to 4-star-deluxe--to suit almost any personal preferences, priorities, special needs and budget. These locations will put you within relatively easy strolling / walking distances of much of what you've come to see and visit...or within short Metro or bus rides. You will also be within a easy walking / strolling distances of a great many good restaurants, bistros and cafés to suit almost any taste, appetite or budget and interesting shops and stores.

6. Re: Help with hotel choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 23:16