We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daughter wants to see work by Salvador Dali can you tell me?

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Daughter wants to see work by Salvador Dali can you tell me?

I have done a google search but can't seem to find anything with his work in Paris - can any of you assistance me?

Thanks you.

Melbourne, Vic...
Level Contributor
611 posts
532 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daughter wants to see work by Salvador Dali can you tell me?

Hi Irgardener,

Try this link, his exhibitis are in Montmartre. Havn't made it there myself yet so cannot tell you anything more about it.

http://www.daliparis.com/

B55

Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Daughter wants to see work by Salvador Dali can you tell me?

L'Espace Dali - This museum is located in Montmartre, It is about a five minute walk from the Sacr� Coeur basilica,

This Salvatore Dali collection is very small.

I read you can also see work displayed at Centre Pompidou.

Melbourne, Vic...
Level Contributor
611 posts
532 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daughter wants to see work by Salvador Dali can you tell me?

Just a thought, the nearest Metro stations are Anvers and Abbesses. Have only been to the latter Metro station and made the mistake of not waiting for the lift because of the rather large gathering of (porbably local) people waiting for it. I proceeded up the stairs, which went on forever and ever. We reached the daylight just as I thought my lungs would burst and legs give out. If using Abbesses station I recommend waiting for the lift. It must be one of the deepest subterranean metro stations in existence. Perhaps someone else can describe what Anvers station is like?

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daughter wants to see work by Salvador Dali can you tell me?

As far as I remember, Anvers is a "normal" metro station with an acceptable flight of stairs up. Anvers is at the foot of the Montmartre hill - so you leave it an reach street level straight away. Abbesses on the other hand is located in the middle of the hill, 5 floors down from street level - that's the difference.

I have made the same mistake and I also reached that "out-of-your-body-near-death-sensation" before reaching daylight at Place des Abbesses !! A mistake you make only once in your life....

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,286 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daughter wants to see work by Salvador Dali can you tell me?

I took both daughters there and there was a kids workshop going on. We had just moved here and their French was timid, but they loved it, worth checking out....

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daughter wants to see work by Salvador Dali can you tell me?

Thank you this is exactly what she is looking for.

Now I will just have to figure out where it is in comparision to everything else (which I haven't figured out just yet) just gathering ideas as this point of what we don't want to miss or that we both really want to see.

Thanks again and I'm sure I'll be asking more questions.

7. Re: Daughter wants to see work by Salvador Dali can you tell me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 01:15