We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Okay so what is artisan flavoured lemonades?

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Okay so what is artisan flavoured lemonades?

It was mentioned in another question I asked. Merci

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Okay so what is artisan flavoured lemonades?

I'm not sure what "artisan flavoured lemonade" is but I will tell you that if it's what they served me in Paris recently, it was dreadful. As it was the middle of the afternoon, I didn't want anything strong. I wanted a soft drink without carbonation and all they offered was lemonade. I ordered it and they brought me a glass about 1/3 filled with fresh lemon juice and a small pitcher of water, about 3/4 filled. I guessed that you put the lemon juice in the pitcher, stirred and voila, lemonade. It was warm, strong lemon water. Just awful. Not sure if that's what you're looking for...

Paris
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Okay so what is artisan flavoured lemonades?

Have a look there:

http://www.greff.fr/

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,905 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Okay so what is artisan flavoured lemonades?

I believe they are talking about water from artesian wells (mineral water).

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,284 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Okay so what is artisan flavoured lemonades?

Happy, you were not served "un limonade" but a "citron presse" which is usually sered just as you described, but with large quantities of sugar so that you really do make your own lemonade. It can be quite yummy.

Limonade in France is soda, something like Sprite or 7-Up. Limonade artisanale is simply the same soda made by old fashioned methods.

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,990 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Okay so what is artisan flavoured lemonades?

the artisan lemonades are what you seppos call soda :)

They are artisan made and usually contain water, suger, a carbonation gas, sugar, natural (but sometimes artificial) flavouring, sugar, and sugar. The more gourmet ones may be made with sparkling spring water.

Usually they come in glass bottles with the swinging metal/ceramic/rubber seal stopper type cap (think Grolsch). They come in every colour, and most flavours.

This one www.haltegourmande.com/PBSCCatalog.asp… is my favorite.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Okay so what is artisan flavoured lemonades?

You can buy it at Trader Joes if you have one near you.

7. Re: Okay so what is artisan flavoured lemonades?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 19:18