We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to book apartment in paris through Airbnb?

Pune, India
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews

I am planning for Paris holiday of 10 days in august. I am traveling with 7 years old daughter.

To avoid any problems with Food , i want to book apartment. Looks like airbnb is best option but this is first time i am gonna book it through Airbnb. I would like to know-

Is airbnb safe for apartment booking?

Are the apartment reviews genuine given on airbnb?

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
686 Reviews
from US$73.60*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
745 Reviews
from US$47.90*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,283 Reviews
from US$111.00*
76 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,373 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Is it safe to book apartment in paris through Airbnb?

Airbnb should be as safe as booking with anyone else.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18,022 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Is it safe to book apartment in paris through Airbnb?

It's safe if you do your own due diligence and look very closely at the listing. If a price seems too good to be true, there's usually a reason.

Make sure that you are aware of the check-in and check out times, the cancellation policy, how many flights of stairs you may need to climb, etc.....

Paris, France
Level Contributor
443 posts
3. Re: Is it safe to book apartment in paris through Airbnb?

AirBnB is not the only one on the market ! Look on TA, and some other websites (can send MP)

Important : check that the owner is registered so officially authorized for this business.

And make sure the owner is responsive to your questions before you arrive. It will give you a good idea of what to expect if you have a problem upon arrival or during your stay. The good side of renting is yes to have a kitchen but also to have some personal relationship, different from an hotel front desk.

An owner is not available 24/7 but should respond swiftly to your questions whether on AirBnb or not.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Is it safe to book apartment in paris through Airbnb?

Thank you everyone for the help.I will check out TA as well.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18,022 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Is it safe to book apartment in paris through Airbnb?

If you can tell about your dates, budget (in euros) and other requirements we may be able to make other recommendations.

I would not recommend booking with TA - I know people who have had issues with apartments that they found there.

St. albert,Alberta
Level Contributor
921 posts
63 reviews
6. Re: Is it safe to book apartment in paris through Airbnb?

We've used airbnb for our last 5 trips to Europe and other locations and have had very positive experiences.

I always book places with lots of good reviews and have had no issues at all.

san mateo, ca
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
7. Re: Is it safe to book apartment in paris through Airbnb?

I used airbnb for the first time on my last trip to Paris and had a good experience. I would suggest carefully reading all the reviews as they sometimes mention things that may, even with all the good reviews, be a deal breaker for you.. for example the listing doesn't mention the apt is on the 4th floor without stairs, until you read a review that mentions it. That said I have also had good luck in other countries with VBRO- but once again reviews are the most important thing..

Paris, France
Level Contributor
443 posts
8. Re: Is it safe to book apartment in paris through Airbnb?

I know people who had problems with AirBnb, Abritel, VRBO, Homeaway., Booking... so you are wrong to have a prejudice against TA rentals...

Do your homework, read reviews, description and trust your feelings.

There are good and bad everywhere but I'd say as much good on TA as on AirBnB

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,373 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Is it safe to book apartment in paris through Airbnb?

As of this coming October, vacation apartments must display their government registration number on any listing. Airbnb has agreed to limit listings to those having legal status. This should be good news to renters as many of the risks associated with renting illegal apartments will be avoided.

California
Level Contributor
4,678 posts
44 reviews
10. Re: Is it safe to book apartment in paris through Airbnb?

This is good news as it will alleviate guessing which apartments are legal ones. Other cities like Barcelona have implemented a similar system.

Reply to: Is it safe to book apartment in paris through Airbnb?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted