We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AFL Grand final 2017

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
AFL Grand final 2017

We will be in Paris on September 30th 2017 and would like to know where we can watch the AFL grand final preferably in a nice bistro or cafe

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Marche Ou Crepe
£, French, European, Pub
Epicure
££££, French, European
ASPIC
££££, French, European, Contemporary
11 replies to this topic
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: AFL Grand final 2017

We too. If I find any information elsewhere, I will return here and post. Hopefully.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AFL Grand final 2017

You could always try Cafe Oz. It's a couple of years since I lived in France but they used to show AFL and other sports. See here: http://www.cafe-oz.com/en/

Edited: 10 August 2017, 13:00
Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
228 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AFL Grand final 2017

One of the Café Oz venues is probably your best bet. So you won't be getting a French-style 'nice bistro'.....rather somewhere that caters for the expats and holidaymakers to catch up on sporting events from their home countries.

Keep the time difference in mind, too........ for the live match, you'll be there for a very early breakfast. I think that last year's event they were serving bacon & egg rolls.

Check their website nearer the date for the times etc.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: AFL Grand final 2017

Hello.

After investigating further...... there is an internet service which broadcasts every AFL game as long as you are outside of Australia. You can subscribe to every game or just the Finals series. Finals are $79 I think and you can access all the games, all the footy shows etc etc.

watchful.com

I found it for my husband and he has signed up.............. I hope it was a good idea....... I was keen to watch the grand final, now its all coming on the holiday hahaha

Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AFL Grand final 2017

Belushi's has 2 sports bars (Canal & Gare du Nord) & they will be open from 5:30am & showing the AFL Finals live. Both beers & breakfast will be on tap 😊

We're in Paris that week too & will be catching the game at Belushi's Gare du Nord.

Edited: 15 September 2017, 01:22
Mentioned in this post
Belushi's
Belushi's
273 Reviews
Paris, France
Gare du Nord
Gare du Nord
2,224 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Belushi's Gare du Nord
Belushi's Gare du Nord
224 Reviews
Paris, France
Clare, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AFL Grand final 2017

We are in Southern France and would like to do the same. Not sure we can trip up to Paris to watch though...

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
10,895 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: AFL Grand final 2017

FoodFarmer...Ma Nolans (Irish) Bar in Nice has opened early in the past to show the AFL Grand Final. Serves Breakfast and Beer.

Ed

Margaret River
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AFL Grand final 2017

belushis.com/whats-on/paris/watch-the-afl-gr…

I'm there too! Just found this. Looks like my husbands team is going to get in so keen to watch!

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: AFL Grand final 2017

Haven't seen anything about Richmond's prelim final game against GWS tomorrow, I think it's at 9am,cafe oz should be playing it right?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AFL Grand final 2017

You can get a pass to watch on your pc:laptop/tablette for 22 euros here : https://www.watchafl.com.au/offer

Reply to: AFL Grand final 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted