We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the museum pass nessecary in October

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
340 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Is the museum pass nessecary in October

I am planning on going to some of the museum in the list but is a pass nessacary to jump the line, would they be any line ?

I thought october was almost the end of the touristic period for Paris they are going home.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the museum pass nessecary in October

A pass is necessary if you do not want to wait to enter. Museums are always busy but the wait is never THAT long. The longest wait is at Musee d'Orsay. Go early or for their late night on Thursday.

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
340 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the museum pass nessecary in October

I see there is no beating the crowds its there all year long :)

ill buy it from the internet that way i wont run around to see where i can get it. In Rick Steves book it mention we can getting at the metro or tabac store.. been told otherwise so wont take a chance :)

thank you

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the museum pass nessecary in October

No Stormlady do not buy the pass online. Completely unnessesary. They are available easily in Paris with no extra fees .. You must read more on these boards for the answers. At least wait till you have researched it more, it really is not needed to buy it at home.

Personally why buy one unless you plan to see at least three museums a day! As for line jumping , if you enter the Louvre through the Mall entrance there is rarely any line I went in August and never waited, just used the ticket machines, go my ticket and then waited maybe a few minutes to go through security check( even with a pass you wll wait to go through the security) The Orsay, go in the morning when it opens. The Cluny, we did not really wait, may be just a few minutes.

USA
Level Contributor
27,556 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the museum pass nessecary in October

>>>ill buy it from the internet that way i wont run around to see where i can get it. In Rick Steves book it mention we can getting at the metro or tabac store.. been told otherwise so wont take a chance :)<<<

If you do purchase the PARIS MUSEUM PASS from an on-line agency, be aware that you will be paying anywhere from 25%-to-35% ***MORE*** than the official price in Paris...for almost ZERO additional convenience. It's your money...and your choice.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
678 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the museum pass nessecary in October

On three recent trips in the months of March, May, and June we found that the MP was nice, but not essential, particularly if you do as posters above recommended and time your entry to particular museums like the D'Orsay. We have walked right into the Louvre at all hours, as well as the D'Orsay around 5 pm. Even the L'Orangerie, which we visited a month after it re-opened last year, and was blitzed with tourists, had no line an hour before it closed in mid-June. MP places like the Pantheon, Musee Cluny and others seemed never to have lines to speak of. If you are planning on visiting a lot of museums in a short amount of time, get the MP if only to save $$. Otherwise, consider how often you'll really be standing on a line of more than 5-10 people. Also note that the MP will not get you into the Eiffel Tower, which seems always to have lines except very early and very late.

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
340 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the museum pass nessecary in October

Oh my god, they are waiting for us to buy online so they can charge us extra, nevermind then!!!

I wanna see alot of museums but I want ti enjoy Paris more so its not a big deal if i dont see 95% of them.

Thank you all for answering :)

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,828 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the museum pass nessecary in October

You can jump the lines at the Pompidou and the Louvre WITHOUT the museum pass. It really only saves time at Orangerie and the Musée d'Orsay.

IMO, the only benefit to the musem card is for true museum fans who would like to pop into many different places in a day, wthout paying each time.

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the museum pass nessecary in October

On the other hand, I am a believer in the PMP if you plan to visit at least 2 covered museums/monuments every day of the pass length. This is particularly true for the first time visitor who tries to see everything. I have saved a lot of money using the pass, also it permitted us to visit museums we would not otherwise have spent money for a 7 Euro entrance fee. I would suggest going to their web site www.parismuseumpass.com to see what is covered and then compare the cost of individual ticket prices for each site.

T

9. Re: Is the museum pass nessecary in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 16:16