We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Hotels

Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Paris Hotels

Make solo traveler. I desire a hotel close to sites and nighttime activity. The Citadines Les Halles Paris has been recommended as convenient and close to atmosphere. Any comments are welcome. Thanks in advance

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
672 Reviews
from US$74.90*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
725 Reviews
from US$48.70*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from US$103.40*
14 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,957 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Hotels

The sights are spread out all over Paris, so nowhere is close to all of them. Almost everywhere will be close to restaurants and the excellent public transport system. Les Halles is not the most attractive part of Paris, but it is very central.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
60,631 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Hotels

Not sure who recommended Citaindes Les Halles? Why don't you use Booking.com to filter areas and price points, and then use Tripadvisor hotel review section to learn about the pros and cons of each?

Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Hotels

An acquaintance who has been told about the hotel. I have been researching it. Thanks for the answer.

Edited: 31 July 2017, 04:10
Ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Hotels

I have booked Citadines Les Halles too as I like the idea of small apartment. Am I getting vibes here that it’s not a great choice? I have free cancellation for another 2 weeks so would welcome any other recommendations.

Boston...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Hotels

No place is close to ALL major attractions, but I prefer to stay in the 4th, Le Marais, one of the most historical districts in Paris. If you plan to book an AirBNB, I would recommend the one in which I recently stayed: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/20421901

Ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Hotels

Thanks for recommendation. I checked your Airbnb link but it’s booked solid for my dates. If anyone could recommend a small apartment close to metro in a nice area, I would be grateful. Also as we are staying for 3 days, what type of metro ticket is the best to get. We arrive at 14:00 to Porte Maillot on a Monday and leave at 9am on Thurs. We would like to find a nice shopping centre one evening so would welcome name and address of affordable one worth visiting. I presume the Christmas markets will be on while there last week of November but while we intend visiting them, they are not our priority as have been to markets in other European cities. Any other useful info will be appreciated.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,673 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Hotels

LisaBeth, your visit is very short and not worth getting an apartment. Usually, the nicer ones rent by the week, anyway. Choose a hotel in a central area. What is your budget per night? We can recommend some in all price ranges--and probably good to start your own post.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38,843 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris Hotels

How is the Eden Hotel Opera

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,216 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris Hotels

Hi LisaBeth, there is absolutely nothing wrong with using an ApartHotel for a short stay. The rooms are often bigger than a hotel and you have the convenience of a kitchenette if you want to prepare any meal. Citadines are also a legal apartment option and have a large number of locations, they will not cancel on you at the last minute.

I have used them extensively around Europe and elsewhere, we have stayed happily up to a month, multiple times in a Citadines in Paris (our last stay was early Sept). While I have not been at the Les Halles property it scores over 8 on booking.com from nearly 1500 reviews and over 9 for 'location' on their site. These reviews are genuine as only people who stay at a property can post a review.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris Hotels

Where to stay is an important question but there are probably 4 to 5 new posts every week on this subject and probably thousands overall. It really does not make a lot of difference as long as you stay in Paris, within one of the 20 arrondissements, and not outside of Paris.

There are 3 main areas in which tourists seem to stay: le Marais (4th arrondissement), St Germain des Prés (6th arrondissement), and the Latin Quarter (5th and 6th arrondissements). For someone´s first trip to Paris, these areas are a good choice. For subsequent trips to Paris, staying anywhere else would be a good choice as these 3 areas are crowded, noisy at night, have a lot of bad restaurants, and are not really representative of life in the bulk of the city.

A few areas I might suggest which are probably more interesting overall and with far fewer tourists:

1. near rue de Sevres in the 6th/7th arrondissements.

2. along rue Delambre in the 14th.

3. anywhere near rue de Commerce in the 15th.

4. around rue Notre Dame de Lorette in the 9th.

Public transportation in Paris is cheap and available from anywhere to anywhere within the city.

I wouldn´t be afraid to branch out a bit and explore other areas of Paris. There are some wonderful neighborhoods that are rarely mentioned on TA.

Reply to: Paris Hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted