We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris 2 days Trip Budget Itenary

Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Paris 2 days Trip Budget Itenary

Hi,

Iam planning for a paris trip in the month of October 15th from India(Chennai).

*Paris-Arc de triomphe,

*Eiffel tower,

*Musee d orsay if possible Palace of versailles ( 2 days) need to know the cheapest way to travel (travel pass or )in paris city, How good is VELIB Paris CYCLE?

*Cheap and best way and place to eat.

*Cheap and best place to stay for 2 days..in which area(city point) we can look for accomodation.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
122,073 Reviews
Paris, France
Palace of Versailles
Palace of Versailles
21,755 Reviews
Versailles, France
12 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,944 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris 2 days Trip Budget Itenary

You do not have sufficient time to go to Versailles.

Public transportation is best for moving about the city. Purchase a group of tickets T+, ten for 14.90€ and share them among those traveling with you. Purchase additional tickets as necessary, individual cost is 1.90€. The T+ is valid on the métro, city buses, tramways, funicular, or between certain RER stations within Paris.

Many like VELIB bikes but using them requires a certain amount of organization to know both where you are going and where you can leave them. I shouldn´t consider them a good option for someone only staying 2 days. Use the bus and métro networks.

Cheapest will never be best, particularly with food. Ethnic restaurants and cafés offer the lowest priced meals. Many boulaneries will sell sandwiches.

Many first time visitors like to stay in the Marais, Latin Quarter, or in St Germain des Près. What is important is that you stay in Paris and not attempt to find accommodations outside of the city.

Mentioned in this post
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Latin Quarter
Latin Quarter
3,818 Reviews
Paris, France
Hotel Saint Germain
Hotel Saint Germain
937 Reviews
Paris, France
Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris 2 days Trip Budget Itenary

Hi Sarasto,

Thanks for your pointers..

*The first day i am planning to visit just Eiffel , Arc de triomphe & Musee d orsay or Louvre Museum. The second day can't i go to Palace of Versailles?. I don't want to keep on travelling in those 2 days....

*What else would you recommend for me to visit or to do in these 2 days.

*Where to get those Public Transport tickets online? How about Paris Visite Pass?

*Will think about the cycle service later or we better walk(That's always a best idea to explore new place).

*We are thinking of carrying readymade food or the sandwiches,fruits from super market ,stores.

*will try to check any Indian Restaurant if available.

*Iam moving to swiss from paris.

Mentioned in this post
Arc de Triomphe
Arc de Triomphe
38,424 Reviews
Paris, France
Louvre Museum
Louvre Museum
87,212 Reviews
Paris, France
Palace of Versailles
Palace of Versailles
21,755 Reviews
Versailles, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,831 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris 2 days Trip Budget Itenary

When are you arriving and departing? Do you have two full days, or are you arriving on the first day and leaving on the second?

Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris 2 days Trip Budget Itenary

Hi RojBlake, Iam arriving on 15th...that full day need to take rest -jet lag.....16th and 17th iam there in paris. Will leave to Zurich or interlaken by 17th EOD.

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris 2 days Trip Budget Itenary

Team,

For a 2 days trip in paris..what is the best travel pass ? Paris Visite Pass? or the regular daily tickets purchased in bunches...we need to use all types of transportation ..bus,train,tram and boats..iam looking for a pass with comes with additional musuem tickets or cruise ticket or any other top attraction tickets>?

any suggestions...

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris 2 days Trip Budget Itenary

Looks like you want to do a lot in 2 days. I wouldn't do that if I were you. And please refer post No 1 by Sarastro with regard to the best and cheap travel options inside Paris. Don't buy the Paris visite pass. To pay that much and to access all the benefits in that is not even possible in 10 days let alone 2 days!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
The Paris Diner
The Paris Diner
119 Reviews
Paris, France
Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris 2 days Trip Budget Itenary

Hi Baiju80,

I did a price comparision of the paris visite pass and the navigo pass....

paris visite pass for 2 days adult is 19.50Euro ----navigo card for 2 days adult is 22.50Euro....is the navigo card provided for tourists?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris 2 days Trip Budget Itenary

The Navigo Découverte is available only on weekly and monthly basis. 22.15 Euro is the price you have to pay for the weekly pass with unlimited access across zones 1-5. But it will only works strictly from Monday to Sunday. We bought them during our visit in March it was fabulous for exploring all types of public transport. We were there for a week and Navigo can be used to even travel to Versailles and Disneyland which are located away from central Paris.

But I don't think you have to spent that money for just 2 days. Buying a carnett (group of 10 individual tickets for 14.5 Euros) is a much better option.

I have not used the Paris Visite pass so can't comment on it.

Edited: 23 August 2017, 06:26
Mentioned in this post
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
The Paris Diner
The Paris Diner
119 Reviews
Paris, France
Malaysiana
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris 2 days Trip Budget Itenary

I carnett of ten t+ can be used for another days ie a day or 2day after date of purchase?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris 2 days Trip Budget Itenary

Since you are asking every basic question that is answered in every guide book, I suggest you read a couple of them before your trip.

Many visitors to this board are encouraged to move beyond the food they eat at home and to try the local cuisine.

Reply to: Paris 2 days Trip Budget Itenary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted