We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel on RER line, one that really is close

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
4 posts
Save Topic
Looking for hotel on RER line, one that really is close

It's so hard to tell from some of the writeups I've seen. I'll be in Paris May 26-30, and need a hotel with a safe, central location. I'm looking to stay on the RER line to CDG, so I don't have to tote my stuff around too much. And I don't want to walk long distances once above ground.

Any suggestions? Are there any stations with accessible access to the surface (I have a bum knee and walk with a brace, so I don't relish taking my bag up multiple flights of stairs).

Thanks!

Mel

India
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel on RER line, one that really is close

Hi Mel,

You could stay at the Hotel Victoria Chatelet on Avenue victoria . Its very close to the RER stop Chatelet... walking distance.

Also it is fabulously situated just 10 mins from Notre Dam, 15 mins from the Louvre, 5 mins from the Latin quarter...

There is also a slightly more expensive hotel called the Brittanique which is on avenue victoria too.

Hope this is helpful

G

California
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel on RER line, one that really is close

Thanks for the suggest.ion. I'm not familiar with the Chatelet area (I just remember the station is huge). I'm also really interested in finding a hotel that's literally like across the street or a short block (as opposed to a NYC avenue-block) from the station... any other suggestions appreciated...

CA
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hotel on RER line, one that really is close

Well, if you don't favor steps and walking, find a hotel near Opera.

You can take the Roissy Bus, which is also economical, and there are several bus lines. Or, choose a hotel close to a stop on one of these lines.

"Le Bus" is a pocket-size bus guide you can buy in Paris.

USA
Level Contributor
27,529 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for hotel on RER line, one that really is close

ALL of the stations on the RER 'B' ligne in Paris have at least one (or more) escalator from train platforms up to street level (a couple of stations have elevators)..but since many of the stations are large, you might have to look around a bit to locate them....but where any Exits serviced by escalators are relative to a hotel's location to that station exit(s) is up for grabs.

Depending on any other personal hotel preferences, priorities, special needs or budget...a few good Left Bank choices in close proximity to RER stations with escalators, might be---

SAINT MICHEL-NOTRE DAME RER--

http://www.henri-paris-hotel.com/

LUXEMBOURG RER--

http://www.luxembourg-paris-hotel.com/

http://www.hotel-luxembourg.com/

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,813 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for hotel on RER line, one that really is close

Getting to the RER requires quite a walk in and of itself. You may want to consider a shuttle.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for hotel on RER line, one that really is close

I don't understand why you're basing the location of the hotel for your entire trip just on the basis of the 1 hour transfer from the airport?

USA
Level Contributor
27,529 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for hotel on RER line, one that really is close

>>>. I'm also really interested in finding a hotel that's literally like across the street or a short block (as opposed to a NYC avenue-block) from the station... any other suggestions appreciated...<<<

Before you go on a '..fishin' expedition..'...perhaps you should provide soms additional DETAILS on your personal hotel preferences, priorities, OTHER special needs (personal mobility issues) and BUDGET ??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,389 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for hotel on RER line, one that really is close

Try

albe-paris-hotel.com/English/Frameset.html

paris-hotel-desuez.com/English/Frameset.html

Both near St Michel on RER line B

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
87 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for hotel on RER line, one that really is close

phread indicated that getting to the RER is quite a distance . . . could you or someone else elaborate? I will be travelling with my teenage daughter (a mom and daughter trip) and since the hotel we chose was near an RER stop, I thought we'd just take the train in from CDG. We'll each just have one suitcase to pull (and a bag/purse), but if it's too far, perhaps we should take a taxi? Any advice? THANKS.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,100 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for hotel on RER line, one that really is close

mayasfan - if you come into Terminal 1, you have to take a shuttle to get to the RER station. If you come into Terminal 2, you can walk within the terminal to get to that RER station, or step outside and take a shuttle down the outside of the terminal. So it does take a few minutes to get to the RER ticket office - the train tracks are just one level down below that.

Your hotel is about 600 meters from the St Michel RER stop, if you manage to orient yourself and follow a map correctly. 600 meters would take 10 minutes brisk walk with no wrong turns or window-shopping ;)