We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a realistic plan for 3 days?

United States
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Is this a realistic plan for 3 days?

We have 3 1/2 days in Paris and are planning to do the following. Is it doable and realistic? We are open to suggestions.

Day 1-Arrive at 4 pm at Gare de Nord. Check into apt. in Le Marais. In the evening go to Champs Elysee and Arc de Triumph. Then go to Eiffel Tower. (We don't have tickets yet.)

Day 2- Louvre, Catacombs and Luxembourg gardens

Day 3- Visit Versailles in the day. Plan to be back by 5 pm. No plans yet for the evening.

Day 4-Sacred Heart, Montmartre and ??

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
La Gare
La Gare
1,334 Reviews
Paris, France
Le Marais
Le Marais
11,461 Reviews
Paris, France
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
122,051 Reviews
Paris, France
France Louvre
France Louvre
303 Reviews
Paris, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Montmartre
Montmartre
16,262 Reviews
Paris, France
3 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this a realistic plan for 3 days?

This is just one person's opinion. Your decision has to be your own, based on your own reading and inclinations.

In that short a time, I wouldn't enter the Louvre, the catacombs,ascend the Eiffel Tower, or take a daytrip to Versailles. Maybe I would keep the Louvre in mind for a rainy day. I would plan on more outdoor walks. I would confine my walking to different parts of the city, on different days.

Having no idea of your personal preferences, I say this mainly to avoid queues (lines) and see what the city is actually like.

-- Steve

Mentioned in this post
France Louvre
France Louvre
303 Reviews
Paris, France
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
122,051 Reviews
Paris, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Paris
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this a realistic plan for 3 days?

Weather permitting, and since you are heading for the "biggies", do a Bateaux-Mouche tour (known here as "Seine cruise". It's fun, quick (2 hours), beautiful, and gives you a nice first view of the city, the way it is organised, etc. Prefer the Vedettes du Pont Neuf.

Bremen, Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this a realistic plan for 3 days?

Hi there,

for visiting Louvre, I would plan at least one whole day. It is so impressing and big that you need some time just to find out what you like to see and how to get there. So, I would either cancel Versailles or Louvre...depends on your interests.

Sacre Coer and Montmatre are also nice in the late afternoon/evening for walking around and having some wine. I enjoyed hanging around on the stairs in front of the basilica. You can meet a lot of interesting people there... but be prepared for the guys who sell handmade bracelets and stuff ;-)

Catacombs should be doable in one morning/afternoon (I don't remeber exactly how long the tour takes), but it wasn't as creepy as I thought, since there are a looot of other tourists.

Mentioned in this post
France Louvre
France Louvre
303 Reviews
Paris, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Reply to: Is this a realistic plan for 3 days?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted