We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Versailles a must see??

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SoCal
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Versailles a must see??

It's my second time to Paris and my boyfriend's first. I didn't go the first time. We have 4 days in Paris. Is Versailles a must see?

Thanks for your thoughts! :)

australia
Level Contributor
606 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Versailles a must see??

i think it depends on what you guys really want to do and see. I had been to paris a few times but never to versailles and this christmas i went with my boyfriend and it was is first time to paris. i really wanted to go to versailles and he was into it too as i had explained the history of it etc...we were there for five nights so it was good to get out of the city for half /3/4 of a day. If you would rather see museums and do 'city stuff' and soak up the cafe atmosphere etc then you could leave versailles and go the next time you return to paris! Look it up online and also read about the history and see if you are both really interested in the place before you decide. You could also make the decision whe you get there...you just go on the train and buy a ticket there or if you have the museum pass it's included, so simple to visit.

j.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Versailles a must see??

I think if you both have an interest, and you have the time, you should try to see it. Particularly if you're going during the spring or summer and can wander through the gardens, which in my opinion are more enjoyable then the palace itself. It's a very impressive place that's definitely worth a visit.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Versailles a must see??

I think Versailles is a bit over rated in my opinion. It is up to what you like to do. I went there last July when they had the water show ( a bit of Vegas Bellagioesque) and concert etc. It is close to Paris and you can take the train there. That is a huge plus since you have only four days. I I would suggest you try Loire Valley where you can see nicer Chateaux and more green. And it is lots more romantic in the Loire than Versailles.

New York
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Versailles a must see??

the day I went to versailles, the dark clouds loomed ominiously over her and I felt as if I went back in time. I was floored by its grandeur and can not wait to go back once more ..... Qlitz ..but of course!

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,728 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Versailles a must see??

<<( a bit of Vegas Bellagioesque)>> ha ha. Those water shows were at Versailles centuries before Las Vegas existed as anything other than a vast spread of land.

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Versailles a must see??

Hi

I think it is worth a visit. When my wife and I went there in April last year we also took a tour so that we could see a bit more of the palace :-)

Feel free to check out this Google map that I have made of Paris: http://gardkarlsen.com/paris_france_map.htm . I have marked some of the main attractions of Paris and maybe it can be of some help to you guys planning the days there. Get in touch if you have any questions.

Regards

Gard

7. Re: Versailles a must see??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 14:21