We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Combination boat & bus tickets in Paris

12 posts
Save Topic
Combination boat & bus tickets in Paris

My thanks to all the wonderful Trip Advisors who are helping the pre-trip panic attacks I've been having. But I still am confused:

Are carnet tickets good on the Batobus? And, if not, how do you get the combination tickets? Am I right in thinking that you can use carnet tickets for Metro and bus within Paris proper (but not for a trip to Versailles or Espernay)?

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
502 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,183 Reviews
from US$108.80*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
789 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
628 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Combination boat & bus tickets in Paris

A single ticket or a carnet (packet of 10 single tickets) can be used on the metro, a city bus, or the RER within Paris. It cannot be used on the Batobus. Zones 1 and a little of zone 2 covers Paris - but Versailles is in zone 4 so that's a different ticket.

I imagine the combination hop-on bus/batobus ticket is sold at the Paris Tourist Office. Yes, here it is - Paris a la Carte:

Order it online and pick up at PTO:

(note: the l'Opentour bus and the Batobus tickets are not usable for the city metro/bus system).

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Combination boat & bus tickets in Paris

We had the combination ticket, but mostly used the bus since it was at street level and just seemed more convenient. We also used taxis when pressed for time which average <6 Euros per ride within central Paris.

For us it proved not to be worth the extra expense, but the Batobus can be a good way to travel during rush hour.

I think the ticket may also be available at the Cityrama tour company (which run the yellow L'Open Tour buses)and they have an officei on Place des Pyramides next to the Louvre and Hotel Regina (right next to the famous gold statue of Joan of Arc).

I had emailed the hotel, and the concierge had the tickets waiting when we checked in.

12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Combination boat & bus tickets in Paris

I do LOVE Trip Advisors! Your answers were crystal clean and the tip about having tickets waiting at the hotel is great.

Thank you so much!

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: Combination boat & bus tickets in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 10:24