We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parcel from Rennes, France to Jaipur, India via La Poste

2 posts
Save Topic
Parcel from Rennes, France to Jaipur, India via La Poste

Hi,I sent a parcel from Rennes to Jaipur India and it contained a important document but from last 10 days, there is no news even I can't track it as they didn't give me any tracking ID or receipt. Do anybody know here how La Poste send their parcel to Jaipur so I can atleast go there to check it? Or any other way to track it is appreciable. I am just worried about my document.

Thanks

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
673 Reviews
from US$75.30*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Skip-the-Line Admission...
730 Reviews
from US$49.00*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from US$104.00*
7 replies to this topic
Rennes, France
Level Contributor
4,713 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parcel from Rennes, France to Jaipur, India via La Poste

There are several ways to send mail/package from France to abroad, but the choice should have been yours when you made the purchase at La Poste. If at the time you chose a cheap method, that does not include a tracking number, then there is no way to know where your parcel is.

La Poste indicates up to 8 working days for a parcel to be delivered to India so this is still within the acceptable limits.

If you are again in such a situation make sure that the sending method you choose includes a tracking number and an insurance (of course, it is more expensive than the basic option).

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parcel from Rennes, France to Jaipur, India via La Poste

Thanks for the reply but I know all about this, I just need is the information that how it delivers at jaipur, India, like through govt post office or through Pvt couriers (DHL or Blue Dart), so, somebody can go and track the parcel.

Anyway thanks for the reply. Have a nice day

Rennes, France
Level Contributor
4,713 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parcel from Rennes, France to Jaipur, India via La Poste

How can you track a parcel if you don't have a tracking number?

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,726 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parcel from Rennes, France to Jaipur, India via La Poste

La Poste uses four different services for delivering their mail/packages, so it would be impossible for anyone to know and they will not help you. I just received a Valentine's card from my father. TODAY! La Poste is problematic. Good luck.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
20,897 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parcel from Rennes, France to Jaipur, India via La Poste

Somewhere on the LaPoste website there is a customer inquiry form. They were somewhat responsive and helpful when I had a box go astray a few years ago. Luckily, it did have tracking. Unluckily, it was returned to France for some unknown reason. Luckily, when I inquired, they found it in the "Dead Letters" office, and agreed to send it to me again. Unluckily, when it arrived, it was the wrong package. I gave up.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Parcel from Rennes, France to Jaipur, India via La Poste

contact foreign post office in jaipur brother

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Parcel from Rennes, France to Jaipur, India via La Poste

welcome,

patience.

ive sent packages home from Europe and now S.America.

what i notice is that it will depend on your postal system at home and the country of origin.

So far, in my travels, i have not been able to track any of my packages all the way home. Once it appears the package has reached the home shore, its "lost" in a void until what im assuming customs has done their thing to make sure the contents are ok and then its passed on.

however if you dont have tracking, then you just need to wait.

if you have anything like CUSTOMS, i would start there, but again, without some way to track it, your package will be1 of how many????

good luck.

Reply to: Parcel from Rennes, France to Jaipur, India via La Poste
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted