We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Paris CdeG to St Malo

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Paris CdeG to St Malo

Hello! I am planning on returning home to Jersey CI next May 2018 and will be flying into Paris Charles de Gaulle airport. I will spend one night at the airport Ibis and then need to get to St Malo to catch the ferry to Jersey - the only catch is as I have been living abroad for 5 years I will have a lot of luggage and a dog! Can anyone advise on the best option which involves minimal movement of luggage? I would prefer to pay someone to drive me but can't find any options under £400 which seems crazy. Train could be possible but physically getting to the train with all my accoutrements could be problematic! Any and all advice gratefully received.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
672 Reviews
from US$74.90*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Skip-the-Line Admission...
725 Reviews
from US$48.70*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from US$103.40*
9 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Paris CdeG to St Malo

Do you not have a driver´s license? Renting a car is the most sensible solution.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10,048 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Paris CdeG to St Malo

You can rent a car and drive yourself to St. Malo.

Nobody will care about your luggage if you can't handle it yourself. You could send it, I guess, but it would be very costly.

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Paris CdeG to St Malo

CDG to Saint-Malo is just under 400 km, much of it by tolled autoroute, so you would be looking at a taxi fare of, say, € 850 on a working day, € 1.200 at "night" or on a Sunday or holiday, so a quote of £ 400 (say € 450) does look crazy - it is much too cheap and quite possibly a scam.

Have you checked the regulations for taking the dog from Saint-Malo to Jersey and that the ferry operator will accept you with the dog (especially as you are travelling without a car)?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,653 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Paris CdeG to St Malo

For that distance 400 pounds is very reasonable for taxi/private transfer. Rental car would be cheaper. Use autoeurope.com for car rental info.

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Paris CdeG to St Malo

A check of the Condor Ferries website reveals that they will only accept a dog on the Saint-Malo to Jersey route if it is travelling with a vehicle (in which it has to remain during the crossing).

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Paris CdeG to St Malo

Hi becasse, yes I'm aware of that and have it sorted but thank for being so exceptionally thorough!

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
9,180 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Paris CdeG to St Malo

If you don't want to drive, which is probably sensible if you are coming off a long distance flight, maybe you could find a direct train from CDG to Rennes and change to another to St Malo there thus avoiding the hassle of getting to Gare Montparnasse in Paris - www.trainline.eu and allow at least 3 hours between plane arrival and train departure. In any case you will have to manage your accoutrements out of the airport whichever method you use. At least there are luggage trolleys in the airport which you can push to the TGV station.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,283 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Paris CdeG to St Malo

Frankly I think that 400 pounds sounds like a very good price for you, the luggage, the dog, the distance, and the petrol, and the tolls. If you trust that person I would follow up on that. You need to be handle the luggage and the dog on your own on and off and in-between the trains.

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Paris CdeG to St Malo

Great, thanks all for your valuable advice! I have decided to take the train with a taxi to the train stations which will cost me a total of £80 :)

Reply to: Travel from Paris CdeG to St Malo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted