We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Transfer from CDG to Gare Montparnasse

ajax, Ontario...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best Transfer from CDG to Gare Montparnasse

Good Evening,

I'm arriving in Paris early May and would like to know the best, and preferably reasonably priced, transfer from CDG to Gare Montparnasse (we're staying locally). Many thanks.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
673 Reviews
from US$75.30*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
730 Reviews
from US$49.00*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from US$104.00*
17 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
60,722 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Transfer from CDG to Gare Montparnasse

Bus is the best option.

https://www.lebusdirect.com/en/lines-and-sch…

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris, Montreal
Level Contributor
19,452 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Transfer from CDG to Gare Montparnasse

a taxi from CDG to Left Bank is a flat rate of 55 euros for up to 4 passengers with luggage. Be sure to go to official taxi rank, do not accept offers of a ride from touts.

Central, Indiana
Level Contributor
368 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Transfer from CDG to Gare Montparnasse

I've looked into this option for our trip to Paris in the fall. The reviews for the bus are pretty dreadful. We only need to get from Montparnasse to CDG as we're first headed to Avignon. I think we're just going to stick with the RER (from the Port Royal station).

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,863 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Transfer from CDG to Gare Montparnasse

ajaxbhoy1 , As you may surmise, whether taxi or Le Bus Direct somewhat depends on what "we" means.

GTA
Level Contributor
43 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Transfer from CDG to Gare Montparnasse

Looks like that or a taxi. Not sure the RER would be the best bet even if it's a puddle jump in from Glasgow.

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
9,211 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Transfer from CDG to Gare Montparnasse

"We only need to get from Montparnasse to CDG as we're first headed to Avignon."

I don't understand this. Trains from Avignon arrive at Gare de Lyon, not Montparnasse. There are also direct trains between Avignon & CDG.

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,369 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Transfer from CDG to Gare Montparnasse

ajaxbhoy;

Last September I arrived at CDG T2 and took a Taxi transfer to Gare Montparnasse. The cost was as mentioned above, 55 euros, and yes, some "hustlers" tried to get me into their taxis. The ride took about 45 minutes and the traffic was somewhat heavy at times. I believe the Taxi option is a fair deal if you are 1-2 passengers, for 3-4 it will be even better.

I hope your arrival is better than mine. For me, it was something of a nightmare. Take a look at my trip report if you want.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18714…

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,863 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Transfer from CDG to Gare Montparnasse

tradeform, I think Katherine E is going to fly to Avignon from Paris.

Maybe just worded awkwardly - think she meant "first" before heading back to U.S.

Central, Indiana
Level Contributor
368 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Transfer from CDG to Gare Montparnasse

Sorry I was unclear. We're taking the train from CDG to Avignon and then returning to Paris and staying in Montparnasse. I've decided against using Le Bus Direct to get back to CDG because it's got too many bad reviews. I can deal with a delay getting into the city from the airport, but not on getting to the airport.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
12,115 posts
565 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Transfer from CDG to Gare Montparnasse

Best transfer will be the taxi cab. There are other options, which are simply not the best but may be less expensive.

Reply to: Best Transfer from CDG to Gare Montparnasse
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted