We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brass. de L'Ile closed?

Michigan
Level Contributor
483 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Brass. de L'Ile closed?

I just read here http://tinyurl.com/2xwyav that the Brasserie de L'Ile is closed? Is that true/current information? Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
442 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Brass. de L'Ile closed?

Someone asked the same uestion last week. Here's the link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k11301…

Answer is a resounding NO, It's not closed!

Michigan
Level Contributor
483 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brass. de L'Ile closed?

THANK YOU janesatelier... I knew I saw a post like it (but couldn't remember what specific restaurant, and it didn't come up on my search, as I did the term "Brasserie de L'Ile" rather than Brasserie Ile St. Louis.

Phew... now it can stay on my list of options for dinner our first night in Paris : )

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brass. de L'Ile closed?

Ah-now I'm jealous!! We had such a simple yet wonderful meal there. When my daughter ordered the steak tartare, the waiter looked at her and said "Ameican? You will eat that?" I'm just sorry that I was too full and skipped the wonderful desserts. Please give us a trip report when you get back.

T

Michigan
Level Contributor
483 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brass. de L'Ile closed?

I certainly will! : )

I can't decide whether our first night's dinner should be at Brasserie de L'Ile or Le Rouge Gorge... then another night, I think we'll do Fish La Boissonerie (or should we reserve a week ahead at La Lozere?)... and then our final night, we're heading to Le Grand Mericourt in the Oberkampf. The other two nights we're planning to cook in our apartment, but knowing us, we'll probably eat out those other nights too....... so much for saving money!

5. Re: Brass. de L'Ile closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 15:16