I have been traveling to Paris with some frequency as of late and I have compiled a "Top Ten" list of some of the more obscure sights to see. Well, actually I have only listed 6 here. I am hoping some of you can fill up the rest of the list.
1. Musee Marmottan: Tired of the madness and crowds of the Orsay? Try this gem if you love Monet in a serene quiet setting. Not on the Museum Pass.
2. Cite des Sciences et l'Industrie: This 3/4 billion dollar science museum is probably the world's best. I thought I would spend an hour here. A day is probably not long enough.
3. Musee Arts et Metiers: Machines, machines and more amazing machines. The French infer that it was them who invented TV, the automobile, the PC, the plane. These and some other very amazing machines are on display here including Edison's phonographs and a Cray Supercomputer.
4. Rue des Martryrs: Need a break from the touristy Marais? Stroll down this street on a Sunday morning for a feel of what Paris is really like.
5. Musee Cluny: Not really a lesser known sight but they have some beautiful tapestries and objects from the middle ages. You can see some of the stained glass from some of France's most favorite cathedrals up close.
6. Musee l'Armee: Right behind Napoleon's tomb. Just a wonderful display, especially the one on WW II. Find out how de Gaulle won the war.