We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Reasonable restaurants in Saint Lazare

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Good Reasonable restaurants in Saint Lazare

We will be staying at the Quality Hotel Opera Saint Lazare for 3 days in June (7-9). And, since we'll be on a relatively limited budget, I was wondering where there would be a good place near our hotel that won't sink us. We're travelling with a school group but hope to have evenings to ourselves.

I am so excited to be coming back to Paris after 16 years - this time with our 16 year old son.

I've been reading the posts here and am getting so much valuable information. Thanks to you all!

I'm definitely looking forward to some good ice cream!

Dave

Palais Garnier - Opera National de Paris
Architectural Buildings, Operas, Theatres
Philharmonie de Paris
Symphonies, Concerts, Speciality Museums, Operas
Maison de la Radio (Radio France)
Performances, Concerts, Operas
Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Reasonable restaurants in Saint Lazare

There's a couple good bistros near by, especially between the train station and Rue de Rome...very reasonably priced and great quality/quantity of food.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the name was.

A few years back, I took a local Parisien girl, a Rue de Rome luthier's apprentice, for lunch (nice US$15-20 lunch for two). I let her choose the place and she led me to a bistro on a corner. I'm kicking myself because I never bothered to note the name of the place. I spent a whole afternoon wandering around trying to retrace my steps to find it too...the neighborhood is a bit of a maze.

You could probably ask your hotel concierge for recommendations of bistros nearby. You just might wind up where I went.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
478 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Reasonable restaurants in Saint Lazare

I live near St Lazare, there are plenty of restaurants in this area from Mcdonalds to fine dining so you will have a huge choice.

Chez Papa is a small chain which serves food from the south of France, great menus(starter, main, dessert) for around 20euros.

You can use this website to find what you are after

eatinparis.com/cgi-bin/…english

Have a great trip!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Reasonable restaurants in Saint Lazare

Thank you so much, zasuna and Dearth.

This is a good start!

I know we still have time before we leave but I never

feel as if I prepared enough. I'm looking forward to

reading all of the great posts here.

Thanks again!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Reasonable restaurants in Saint Lazare

Oops.

Sorry, Darth

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Reasonable restaurants in Saint Lazare

Hi Dave -

In common with an earlier post in response to yours, I recall one very pleasant and inexpensive bistro not far from the Gare St-Lazare where I ate a couple of years back, but for some reason my notes from that trip make no mention of the name of the place. Big help, right?

There is one place not far away from your hotel that you might enjoy. Take a look at Le Roi du Pot au Feu on rue Vignon in the 9th arrondissement, a couple of blocks south of the station. If you do go, order their signature dish, pot au feu (oddly enough), which is sort of what became in this country New England boiled dinner. It's great eating. And their tarte Tatin isn't bad either. Doesn't get much more traditional than that.

Have a great time rediscovering Paris!