We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Republique

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
63 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Republique

Hi everyone

We are plannig to go to Paris on our honeymoon in December and this is also going to be our first trip to Paris!

We want to stay in a nice hotel but don't want to spend more than $200 a night..

Holiday Inn Republique looks good...has anyone stayed here ? Is it a nice loation?

Thanks a lot!

mexico
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Republique

Republique is a lively area. Within walking distance of the Marais. I never stayed at the hotel but I did rent a lovely apartment in the area from www.feelslikehomeinparis.com. There are many bars and restaurants in the area.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
63 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Republique

thats really good to know..in fact i am also considering that apartment...for 100 euros a night it doesn't look that bad!

how was your experience with that apartment..is it as gorgeous as it looks in the pictures ?

Thanks much!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Republique

Republique is not exactly the center of town but it is lively and bus/metro connections are good.

I have only been in the common areas of the hotel. Have not seen the rooms but it is nice. For business travelers mostly or large groups.

There are many more charming hotels under 200 that you can find with a little bit of searching. You have plenty of time.

Check out hotel de l'Arcade on rue de l'Arcade. The top floor rooms have a cute balcony with flowers.

This is also a good location for metro/buses and you will be able to walk to many places from here.

Adorable is also Relais Christine on rue Christine or hotel des Marronniers (cheaper) on rue Jacob. Very central but quiet with courtyard etc.

Check also the December deals.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
130 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Republique

We stayed there on our last trip to Paris. it is within walking distance to the train station and has a metro stop right outside. Our room was large with a high ceiling and the courtyard was beautiful (although it rained while we were there). A little secret -- there is a small ice (yes ice!) machine in the stairwell - at least on our floor. I would recommend the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Enjoy your trip!

Monrovia, Liberia
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Republique

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Republique for the last 6 years, and it has never disappointed me...the hotel, the staff there, the location. The Republique area is quiet enough, has ample restaurants within walking distance, has a Monoprix supermarket nearby, has 5 metro lines at the doorstep, and has the Bastille area nearby (this is my favorite area of Paris). The hotel can be more than US $200 during the tourist season, however, but for me, well worth it.

London
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Republique

Hi Lantern 2009,

Would you be able to recommend any nice places to eat nearby?

Many thanks

boston
Level Contributor
330 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn Republique

Stayed there and loved it. For some reason, I think that the author Bill Bryson stayed there (he wrote in a travel piece), perhaps on his honeymoon, when it had another name - before the Holiday Inn chain bought it. The interior is just as French as ever. We walked everywhere but also took the subway because the metro is right across the street. Tons of restaurants facing that metro, too, including a McDonald's. Walked to lots of restaurants. In fact, walked to Notre Dame.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,100 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn Republique

Don't be surprised upon arrival to see your hotel is named "Crowne Plaza"...

www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/pardl

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn Republique

Here is my review as posted on my website:

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Place de Republique for one night in February 2009. The room was clean, well-decorated, and large by Paris standards.

When I got to the hotel, I received a “nod” from the security person at the door. I waited on line for about 5 minutes before a clerk checked me in as she looked at the computer screen. The hotel is very large. It is filled with tourists. I walked for what seemed an eternity before I found my room.

The hotel charges you 3 euro per half hour for internet service. When I needed a corkscrew for a bottle of wine, I was told that room service would deliver it in about 30 minutes. A small 6 oz. bottle of ginger ale costs almost 7 euro.

Although the hotel is located near a very convenient metro stop, it can be noisy. There are many shops, supermarkets and restaurants in the area. I’m not sure how safe I would feel walking through the Place de Republique at night.

If you like a hotel that is impersonal, overpriced, and noisy, this hotel is for you. To be fair, I stayed at this hotel after spending 6 nights at a clean, comfortable, quiet boutique hotel operated by the owner of that boutique hotel. I would take staying in the smaller hotel any day.

Monrovia, Liberia
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Inn Republique

Dear Melanie111:

To start, there's Chez Jenny for Alsatian cuisine. It is basically across the Place de la Republique, going towards the Bastille. If you're looking at the Cafe Indiana, it is on the left, about 150 meters.

There's also the Maitre Kantor for Alsatian cuisine, across the hotel, but closer. This restaurant may have changed its name recently.

For pizza, there's Pizza Pino, almost next to Maitre Kantor, but across the street.

The McDonald's and the KFC are on the other side of the Place de la Republique, if you so desire. They are quite handy around 11pm if you are really tired and hungry.

There are a couple of Turkish restaurants on the Rue du Faubourg du Temple, around the corner from the hotel. Just follow the Go Sport, turn right, and walk about 150 meters, and they will be on your right and left. There is another McDonald's about 50 meters further.

Go further up the Rue du Faubourg du Temple, and you will find the Belleville Chinatown. I have no specific recommendations, but if the restaurant is crowded, go in and wait.

I hope this helps.

LANTERN2009