We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip from Paris

Portland, Oregon
8 posts
Short trip from Paris

I’ve a few days to take a short trip from Paris for a day or two around Christmas.

What town do y’all recommend? I like history, art, wines, good food. I like walking around and exploring and soaking in the vibes of the new place.

Since it’s December, I would prefer a place that won’t be rained/snowed in. Thank you

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,901 Reviews
from US$39.50*
US$43.90
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,295 Reviews
from US$109.70*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
10 replies to this topic
Rambouillet, France
Level Contributor
5,486 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Short trip from Paris

Marseille, Toulouse, Bordeaux

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10,304 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Short trip from Paris

Since its Christmas time- Colmar or Strasbourg.

For train tickets you have to book as early as possible (3 mths) for best price.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Short trip from Paris

My top recommendation would be Rouen in Normandy, about 1h30 from Paris by train.

Rambouillet, France
Level Contributor
5,486 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Short trip from Paris

Snow is in some forecasts for tomorrow which is in November..

Portland, Oregon
8 posts
5. Re: Short trip from Paris

Thank you all. Would you recommend Nice or other places along the French Riveria? Or would they be rainy and cold? What about burgundy? I like Pinot noir and Chardonnay, and isn’t burgundy the home to these wines?

Rambouillet, France
Level Contributor
5,486 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Short trip from Paris

Parts of Burgundy for the next 7 days has 5 days of rain, 1 day of snow, 1 cloudy day, temperatures near freezing to in the 40s. Still in November.

You might be doing yourself a disservice by focusing on the weather.. I would focus on the transport and what is involved.

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
9,718 posts
93 reviews
7. Re: Short trip from Paris

It could rain or even snow just about anywhere in France in December. If you want to avoid that maybe head to the Canary Islands or the Middle East.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7,636 posts
221 reviews
8. Re: Short trip from Paris

I don't know about the weather (neither does the weatherman!) but I would recommend Dijon. I stayed at the IBIS Styles hotel in the old part of town. Simple, clean, and close to everything.

6 posts
9. Re: Short trip from Paris

Thank you all. I think y'all are right, I shouldn't focus on the weather, because who knows what it may be. Are wineries open around end of December?

I'll look up Dijon.

6 posts
10. Re: Short trip from Paris

Also, what about day trips from Paris? Would you all be kind enough to recommend a few places? Based on how the weather is, I could just pick one over the other and book last minute train for that.

Reply to: Short trip from Paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted