We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorry, more taxi questions---but I really need answers---

Kansas
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Topic
Sorry, more taxi questions---but I really need answers---

First, I did do a search of TA's answers about taxis. --I learned that it would be wise to get a minivan sized taxi in order to carry 4 adults plus 4 or 5 pieces of luggage; however, I still have a few questions. We are staying very near the "Vaugirard" stop (Metro line #12) and we need to get to the "Bercy" train station for a night train from Paris to Venice ("Bercy train station is near Gare de Lyon). QUESTIONS: (1) How does one get a "minivan sized taxi" ? (---please give phone number as I would dial it from a Paris phone). (2) What would be the approximate cost to get from the "Vaugirard" Metro stop to the Bercy train station (remember, 4 adults & 4 or 5 pieces of lugage). (3) How much time should I phone ahead for a taxi? Again, a Paris phone number would be handly (a phone number that has a real person to answer questions --not a recording---to make things even more difficult, I do not speck French). Thanks for the help you might give. ----Jaes.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorry, more taxi questions---but I really need answers---

Although somewhat more expensive than an actual taxi, it might be easier and give more peace of mind to deal with a car service (most can be reached through e-mail, which makes it easier to be very clear about what you and they are saying). One I have used often (I know they have a van type, as we took it on one trip) is Victor Limousines (VPALimousines <vpalimousines@free.fr>). THeir drivers speak at least some English, and they have always been very good and very reliable. I'm not sure how the cost within Paris would compare to a taxi, but I'm sure they would quote you a price if you ask and you can decide (sort of in a vacuum) whether that's an amount you are willing to pay for the certainty. You can also check on this forum for threads about Paris limos because there was one a few weeks ago where people gave lots of suggestions about ones they had used with good results.

Paris
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorry, more taxi questions---but I really need answers---

The official Taxis Parisiens have a website, taxi-net.fr, which can be used to book a taxi either by phone or by using the following email:

taxi@taxi-net.fr

On another site, they say they speak English. I guess it doesn't hurt to try and email them and submit them your situation and your minivan request. You can book your taxi on the same day, it'll be enough. Plenty of other threads will tell you that the driver starts the meter where he is parked, which means that you can expect the car to already have €5 to €10 on the meter when it arrives. No need to write a furious post on TA later: this is no scam, this is the way it's done in Paris!

Vaugirard to Bercy with the luggage supplement would hover around €20 or less if you took the cab from a taxi rank.

stuart, fl
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorry, more taxi questions---but I really need answers---

We used Aristo's Limousine Service

email: reservatons@aristos-limousine.com

Tel: 33.1 47 37 53 70

They were very good and spoke english

Kansas
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorry, more taxi questions---but I really need answers---

I've been using TA for just over two years now, and as in this case with the questions about taxis, I get geat, helpful answers. I very much appreciate the time each of you have given to respond to my questions. Perhaps, one day, when I become a seasoned traveler, I can provide helpful answers to someone's questions. For now, I thank you all for the time given. ---Jaes.

USA
Level Contributor
28,044 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorry, more taxi questions---but I really need answers---

Your best bet will be to telephone one of the larger, 24 / 7, radio-dispatched, taxi companies. When you do specify the number of persons in your traveling party and the amount of baggage and specifically request a min-van-type taxi---

TAXIS BLEUS-- Tel: 0 891 70 10 10

http://www.taxis-bleus.com/

ALPHA TAXIS -- Tel: 01 45 85 85 85

http://www.alphataxis.fr/

TAXIS G7-- Tel: 01 47 39 47 39

http://www.taxisg7.fr/

As for the cost, the average daytime taxi fare would be approx. 12-15 € (35% higher 'B' rate after 17:00h--5 PM)....+PLUS+...an official surcharge ADDED to the meter amount of 2,70 € ea. for a 4th or 5th passenger and 1 € ea. for each bag (after the 1st. piece) So for a party of four(4) with 5 pieces of lbaggage the additional surcharges would come to 6,70 €. No tip for the driver is included in either fare or surcharges. The initial '..meter drop..' is 2,10 €....but there may be more than this amount on the meter when the taxi collects you, depending on where the taxi was when it took the call and '..dropped..' the meter.

…parisinfo.com/paris-map/…

http://www.infotaxiparis.com/

http://www.taxi-paris.net/page19.html

Paris
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sorry, more taxi questions---but I really need answers---

KDK, I often use the numbers you state, but they don't offer any English speaking service, and are highly automated. Not what the OP was asking for.

Kansas
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sorry, more taxi questions---but I really need answers---

As per last person's post--- it would be nice if there was an English speaking service ---I don't mean to be an ugly american---expecting everyone to speak my language--- I am simply admiting my ignorance. ---I expect/hope if I try those Phone numbers, some voice will answer in English. ----Jaes.

Kansas
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sorry, more taxi questions---but I really need answers---

---well, I mean they might answer in English, after I ask a question in English. --Jaes.

USA
Level Contributor
28,044 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sorry, more taxi questions---but I really need answers---

>>>I expect/hope if I try those Phone numbers, some voice will answer in English.......I mean they might answer in English, after I ask a question in English<<<

I have an irrational fear of foreign telephones (people always seem to answer in languages I don't uinderstand) but on the occasions that I've had to telephone for a taxi in Paris, I've simply either asked a hotel desk clerk to place the call....or when that option was unavailable, simply looked the taxi company's number up in the Yellow Pages and called it myself...asked in fractured, '..horrible tourist French..' if they or someone there spoke English...and always managed to get someone who did. It's not as if I was the first non-French-speaking visitor these LARGE taxi companies had to deal with.

Kansas
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sorry, more taxi questions---but I really need answers---

Ah, wei. ---Jaes.