We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FYI Hall of Mirrors Reopening

Level Contributor
3,493 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
FYI Hall of Mirrors Reopening

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but the Hall of Mirrors renovation is almost complete and will be reopened as of the week of June 25...I'm excited I'll get to see it.

Les

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FYI Hall of Mirrors Reopening

Good to know, thanks for the update!

Israel
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FYI Hall of Mirrors Reopening

Great news. Well, maybe for other people. I won't be in Paris for a long time. (boo-hoo!!!)

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,995 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FYI Hall of Mirrors Reopening

I was on the outside a few weeks ago and there was tons of scaffolding all over the exterior of the chateau. What's the plan with that? Obviously, the place doesn't look the same with scaffolding everywhere.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,100 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FYI Hall of Mirrors Reopening

thanks Les,, bad timing for my hubby and son they will be there next week,, but, good timing for me,!

Mind you my hubby does not seem too dissappointed,, when I told him the "Hall of Mirrors" wouldn't be open until he left,, he said" oh that doesn't matter, that place isn't on my "list", , we aren't going there anyways,, we are going to Versailles" ,, LOL, sometimes it is good to not know what you are missing!

Sherman, TX
Level Contributor
939 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FYI Hall of Mirrors Reopening

We visited Versailles today and the Hall of Mirrors is open and wonderful...rain had been predicted for today, but it hasn't materialized yet. The weather was great for a visit, gardens were beautiful and it was great to walk the grounds. The scaffolding does take away from the overall appearance on the outside, yes, but it was still a great trip.

To those who always ask on this forum "can this be done without a tour?" the answer is absolutely "yes"....we arrived at 9 and were back in our apartment in the Marais by 3....we did the Versailles Day Pass, and it couldn't have been easier.

Level Contributor
3,493 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FYI Hall of Mirrors Reopening

Ooh, they opened it earlier than predicted??

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FYI Hall of Mirrors Reopening

I hope this isn't a l'Orangerie deal when they kept on postponing opening dates.

That reminds me, is that funicular in operation yet?

Level Contributor
3,493 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FYI Hall of Mirrors Reopening

I have France-Amerique here and it says the "official" date is June 25...that's when they are having a reception, etc. But maybe that's just "official" ??

Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FYI Hall of Mirrors Reopening

We were in Versailles last Tuesday and when I first read the post I thought were we so stupid to think some other room was the hall of mirrors? But glad to know we got to see it as we did not know it was supposed to be closed.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FYI Hall of Mirrors Reopening

Here is a very nice photo/info website (not about renovation dates) for Chateau Versaille.

greatbuildings.com/buildings/Chateau_de_Vers…