We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with transportation from CDG

ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Help with transportation from CDG

We have been told to take the RER and/or also the Roissybus(spelling guess). We are a family of 6 with luggage and will arrive on a Sat morning around 10:00am going to apartment in the 5th. We have been told the bus is more scenic and can support the extra luggage? Anyone ever used the bus service?

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with transportation from CDG

There's a search box right above your post. If you enter Roissybus then you will get dozens of threads on it.

CA
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with transportation from CDG

What's the address?

ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with transportation from CDG

The address is 36 Rue Vieille du Temple

USA
Level Contributor
28,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with transportation from CDG

Ordinarily I'm a huge fan of the various public transportation alternative for airport transfers from CDG. But you're traveling party of of six(6)--two(2) adults, four(4) teens plus luggage---may fall into the gap. If you take the ROISSYBUS--8,50 € per person to it's Paris terminus near Place de la Opéra (at rue Scribe & rue Auber) or the RER 'B' ligne--ROISSYRAIL--train (8,10 € per person) to the CHATELET-Les HALLES station---you still must make your way from either to your apartment at 36 Rue Vieille du Temple (at rue des Rosiers) in the 4eme-- Marais.There really are no convenient public transportation connections from either point to the immediate neighborhood of your apartment....parhaps the most convenient is ROISSYBUS to its drop-off point on rue Scribe...then walking around the corner and across rue Auber and taking the #29 public bus route (heading in the direction of Porte de Montempoivre) to it's stop on rue des Francs Bourgeois, at rue Vieille du Temple...about two(2) blocks north of your apartment.

So...the alternative may be make a reservation for a pick-up at CDG by one of the private airport shuttle services, for a transfer for your entire groups and luggage directly to your aparetment. Though we've never used the service ourselves, several traveling parties (families) like yourselves have and been very satisfied with the service provided by--

GREY SHUTTLE-- http://www.greyshuttle.com/

By the time you add up the cost of public transportation transfers for six(6) plus onward transportation from their drop-off points in Paris to your final destination...and the inconveniences of leading a circus through Paris (without a proper permit)...the private shuttle may simply make more sense for you.

CA
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with transportation from CDG

The Roissy Bus and the 29 would be the most economical.

For six people, a taxi Parisien would be cheaper than a shuttle. Taxis charge, plus the metered fare, 2,60€ each for the fourth, fifth and sixth passengers and 1€ per bag. Sat AM trafic is relatively light.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with transportation from CDG

by the way, *rue de vieux du temple* and *the 5th* are separated by the Seine and a kilometer or more...

Florida
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with transportation from CDG

Rue Vieille du Temple, that is.

Paris
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with transportation from CDG

- Public transport: for this whole crowd, including kids I assume = a real nightmare. Forget it.

- Taxi: I would recommend it, but being 6 of you + luggage, even with a minivan type cab, you will have to take two cars. So you are looking at something like € 45 x 2 = € 90.

- Shuttle: I normally don't think the slight savings are worth the hassle of waiting and going around in circles in Paris, for a couple or a small family. But with 6 people it might. Most TA posters are shuttle fans and experts, they'll be able to tell you what it costs for the 6 of you. And then you compare with the taxis and you make your choice.

USA
Level Contributor
28,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with transportation from CDG

A '..private..' (as opposed to a '..shared..') airport shuttle from GREY SHUTTLE direct from CDG to your apartment will cost--

6 passengers : 88 euros**

** 10 % additional discount on return trip

which will be less than two TAXI PARISIAN (even mini-van type taxixs will only carry 5 passengers) at 45-55 € each...plus splitting your party. This will be more than ROISSYBUS (8,50€ x 6) plus whatever onward connection to the apartment you select.....though with four, bright teenagers with a map, parents could take a taxi and leave the grocery-gobblers to earn their keep by toting baggage like Sherpa porters through the streets. It's only 3 km--1.8 mi.. They're young; they're healthy; they're bright.....they're there.

Ft Lauderdale
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with transportation from CDG

I use a shuttle service whenever I am in Paris. In the past I have used (and would book again) with Manu (manu@parismyway.com) of Paris My Way

Tel : +33-(0)1-3969-1815

Fax : +33-(0)1-3969-3504

www.parismyway.com

They are prompt for pick-up, the cars/vans are spotless, the drivers polite, nice and seem to be good drivers, and one time I tried to book through manu to get from one place in paris to another and - even though he said he would be happy to sell me the service - he suggested that i actually use a taxi for that trip as it would be much more cost effective then using his service! What a guy.

I recommend Manu at Parismyway a lot and have never had a complaint back. I always start my emails with a 'Bonjour Manu" and end with a "Merci".

Regards

Buck