We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to CDG with Carte Orange zone 1-2

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
getting to CDG with Carte Orange zone 1-2

Hi,

Does anyone know how much it costs/if it is possible to add on the extra needed to journey from CDG from Gare du Nord (or the other way) when I have Carte Orange zone 1-2 (adults and children)

We will be going between the train station and the airport 3 times during the time the Carte Orange will be valid. Once when arrive in Paris and a return journey when going to Parc Asterix. The journey to CDG to go home is on a Monday so the Carte Orange will have expired by then.

I am trying to work out if its better to get the Zone 1-2 or Zone 1-5 pass. Of course the inclusion of 2 children makes it more complicated. I think the Zone 1-5 will be better.

Thanks for any help.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
342 reviews
from US$60.86*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,256 reviews
from US$105.89*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
534 reviews
from US$43.82*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
666 reviews
from US$108.32*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to CDG with Carte Orange zone 1-2

Fare extension is not permitted on the Paris transit system. The only way to go to CDG with a Zone 1-2 Carte Orange (apart from frauding) is to ride the Métro Line 7 up to its northeastern terminus (La Courneuve - 8 mai 1945) and therefrom the bus 607b to Roissypôle-Aéroport CDG 1. Quite an expedition, if you ask me !

USA
Level Contributor
28,180 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to CDG with Carte Orange zone 1-2

The alternative would be to ride the RER 'B' as far as La PLAINE-STADE de FRANCE, get off of the train, go up to the ticket window and purchase a separate RER ticket from La PLAINE-STADE de FRANCE to AEROPORT CDG (6.70 €) and then return to the platform and take the next 'B-3' train onward to CDG on the new ticket, I'm not sure what the fare differeence is...but this saves 1,40 € (8,10€ - 6,70€)....and probably only adds 15-20 minutes to the trip.

The one thing that you definitiely DO NOT want to do is ride all the way to CDG on your Zone 1-2 CO and expect to pay the additional fare there. More than likely, what you'll wind up paying is a 35€ fine (per passenger...in CASH) for riding byond zones of validity....even though you had every intention of paying the fare diference. RATP inspectors '..take no prisoners..'.

paris
Level Contributor
628 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to CDG with Carte Orange zone 1-2

<<<The alternative would be to ride the RER 'B' as far as La PLAINE-STADE de FRANCE, get off of the train, go up to the ticket window<<<

doesn't work as Saint Denis - La Plaine Stade de France is in zone 3 : you need a zone 3 ticket to open the EXIT turnstile to reach the window ticket

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to CDG with Carte Orange zone 1-2

Thanks for the advice,

I think just getting the 1-5 zone ticket and not having to bother about extra tickets is the way i will go. If it was fairly easy to buy an extension at either end I might do that.

Only thing I need to think about is whether to get 2 x child 5 day zone 1-5 Paris Vistie passes or 2 x C.O. zone 1-5 tickets for the kids.

5. Re: getting to CDG with Carte Orange zone 1-2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 07:18