We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Gare du Nord to hotel in 7e

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Gare du Nord to hotel in 7e

My husband and I will be in Paris on July 30 and 31, arriving by train at Gare du Nord. We're not sure whether to take the Metro (we have very limited experience with subways) or a taxi to our hotel, which is in 7e.

Can anyone tell me how we would get from Gare du Nord to the Ecole-Militaire Metro station (this is where our hotel is) on the Metro? Would we need to transfer on the Metro? Approximately how long would it take to get to our hotel by Metro?

Or, perhaps it would be easier to take a taxi. Does anyone have a rough idea of the cost of a taxi from Gare du Nord to 7e? And again, approximately how long would it take?

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Gare du Nord to hotel in 7e

I would definitely take the taxi - You would have to switch metros at some point- start going towards Porte d"Orleans and I think you would switch at Strasbourg St Denis to the Balard line but it is not easy to do the metro with luggage - stairs etc. Not sure about the taxi cost, probably less than 20 euros. A couple of years ago we took a taxi in from Gare do Nord to our hotel near the Invalides and I think it took about 15 minutes (early afternoon). i did try the metro once coming into Paris and I promised myself that I wouls NEVER do it again.

jhgrady

CA
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Gare du Nord to hotel in 7e

The taxi line is at the west side of the station. Have the address written down to show to the driver. Pay the fare on the meter, 1€ per bag, and a couple of euros for being picked up at a station. Probably about 15 euros.

With minimal luggage the metro is a cheap alternative. Lots of steps. Faster. Each line has a name at either end denoting the direction of travel. It's line 4 [Port d'Orleans] to Strasbourg St Denis. Then line 8 [Ballard]. As you head off in a tunnel, all the stops are listed. Sortie=exit; correspondance=transfer. Every train stops at every station on all lines. Very simple.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Gare du Nord to hotel in 7e

We arrived Gare du Nord via Eurostar at 11:00am and took a taxi to our hotel in the 7e. The taxi line moves very fast and we only had to wait a few minutes. It took about 15-20 minutes(the driver had difficulty finding our hotel even though I gave him a copy of the location map from their website) and it cost us 15 euros.

4. Re: Getting from Gare du Nord to hotel in 7e

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 06:23