We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what zone/district

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pasadena
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
what zone/district

we will only be in Paris3 -4 days. I've been before but am traveling with teens this time .they definitely want to to to the Eiffel Tower. I Think they should see Centre Pompidu, there is a new science museum. I will be looking for live music at night ideally jazz. does it make much difference if we are in Monmartre, Montpasse (zone 18, 14, 15 or 5). I'm thinking mid price. I know I am spelling things wrong, sorry

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what zone/district

For a short stay, I think you should be very centrally located. Montmartre is not central enough in my opinion. 5th arrondissement is fine, 2th as well and you may also consider 4th and 7th.

Bridgewater
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what zone/district

The 6th is also right in the middle of things in terms of lots of cates, shops and metro stops. Generally easy walking distance from the Seine.

I agree that Monmarte is not that convenient--its not just that its farther away from things--the metro is not that convenient either--metro stops (basically only 2) are few and far between with lots of hills and climbing to get to them.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what zone/district

The science museum is a good day out. I was there with my 14 year old daughter on Sunday. Take the metro to Porte de Villette and it is just a couple of minutes walk from there. Not the most traditionally scenic of areas round about but there is a space age feel when you go out the back of the building and a big park behind that with more things to investigate. Food not cheap in the restaurant. It was very busy but didn't feel like it when we were looking at the displays and exhibits. We liked the sound and optical illussion sections best. Lots of computer interactive activities with English options and translations available on almost everything.

4. Re: what zone/district

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 12:18