We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taking a 9 yr old. Suggestions on where to stay

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
U.K
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
taking a 9 yr old. Suggestions on where to stay

Hi,

My husband, step son and i are planning a couple of nights in Paris. Can anyone suggest somewhere nice to stay that has a family room or a spacious room to accomodate the 3 of us??

Any tips on where to eat? Has anyone done the dinner river cruise??

Thanks for any replies.

Jo

dundee
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taking a 9 yr old. Suggestions on where to stay

I asked the forum for advice on a triple room as they are very difficult to find. Most hotels say they have a triple room but it is in fact a very small double room with a roll out bed leaving no floor space. As you may have some early nights when travelling with kids, this didn't seem a very good option. See my thread on TRIPLE ROOMS and you will see the suggestions I was given. I found the responses very helpful and was left to decide between 2 hotels.

The Eiffel Kennedy, has rave reviews on TA and is very reasonably priced. It is situated near the Eiffel Tower in a more residential area of Paris. I have opted for Henri IV Rive Gauche which is considerably more expensive but is in a very central location (Latin Quarter) with a metro/RER station very close by which I thought essential travelling with a 10 year old. This hotel also has some rooms with amazing views, so hopefully you will be lucky enough to get one.

Hope this helps.

uk
Level Contributor
115 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taking a 9 yr old. Suggestions on where to stay

your easier chance to find a decent triple room would be to go through the usual Hotel chains like Hilton, Novotel, etc they are more used to cater for Anglosaxon room sizes and expectations of a family room.

Typical French room will give you adouble bed and a camp bed.

Another option if money not a problem would be to ask for 1 double and 1 single room with communicating doors. These tend to be more often in typical french old fashion 4 stars hotels.

River cruise might be nice for you but a little too much for a little UK chap. Just beware smart restaurant in France expect the kids to sit at the table and not run around .

I would rather Have a nice relax meal on tierra ferma and do the bateau mouche before of after. (at nigt i is rather magical)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taking a 9 yr old. Suggestions on where to stay

My husband and I got a triple room at Henri IV Rive Gauche last fall, just because we wanted some extra room. It was very nice, and quite spacious (also a large bathroom, by Paris standards) plus it had a nice view. I do recommend it highly, if they have space.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
678 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taking a 9 yr old. Suggestions on where to stay

Try the Citadines chain. They have hotels all over central Paris, including one near the Louvre. A one bedroom apt. includes bedroom and living room with pull-out bed plus a trundle. There is also a small fully-stocked kitchen in all Citadines rooms.

www.citadines.com

South
Level Contributor
296 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taking a 9 yr old. Suggestions on where to stay

We had a triple at Hotel Left Bank that was quite spacious, especially for Paris. It's also a great location in the 6th, just steps from the Odeon metro and walkable to many attractions.

6. Re: taking a 9 yr old. Suggestions on where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 10:21