We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel Tower

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg
Level Contributor
237 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Eiffel Tower

Hello,

I am taking my parents to Paris in 3 weeks time, they have never been to France and I obviously want them to experience as much as possible but, my dad recently was very ill and had to have 3 operations, and only got home from hospital 2 days back. He cannot stand for very long and I remember the queues were long when I was there back in Winter. Is there any day or half day trip/tour we can take that includes tickets to the top without having to queue for long?

Thanks, any other idea's advice for seeing/enjoying as much of the city without standing or walking far would be welcome and truly appreciated.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eiffel Tower

Does your father have mobility problems? Have a look at the Eiffel Tower website (Just Google it) and there is a bit about disabled access. I don't know if this includes being able to avoid the lines but it should give you a way of contacting them to ask.

As for seeing the rest of Paris - The hop-on-hop-off buses would probably be useful to you as you could get on and off close to the things you want to visit. Good luck

Miami
Level Contributor
873 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eiffel Tower

You may want to consider visiting attractions with a tour group, usually when the lines are long, the tour groups are able to pass all together with out having to wait too much.

I do agree with the other post to visit the website and check out the section for disabled. I do remember having to wait a long line for tickets and then to get on the elevator.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,479 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eiffel Tower

On a nice day,, it is very pleasant to sit on top of the open air tour bus and just enjoy the sites. L"Open Tour buses are a good way for a first timer to see a bit of everything, plus you can hop on and off as you wish. Tickets purchased onboard bus. Buses are green and yellow.

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
237 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eiffel Tower

Hello,

Thanks for the advice, emailed them directly and they replied in under 5minutes, really impressive service!

Disabled access only available for wheelchair users, but they assure me we shouldnt wait more than 2 - 3 hours *sigh*

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eiffel Tower

if your father is recently out of the hospital then he could certainly be a 'wheel chair user' -- rent a chair -- if only for the day you want to visit the Tower

'

if not then do the open top tour and plan for things that don't require lines

it is not true that tour groups bypass lines everywhere -- so don't assume that unless they can guarantee that -- and they don't at the Eiffel Tower

dhn
Toronto
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eiffel Tower

When my wife and I were at the Eiffel Tower last month, tour groups most definitely DID get priority in line (at 9 am) to use the elevator to the top. Whether all groups get that priority, I don't know but certainly some do.

7. Re: Eiffel Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 20:19