We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RER from Charles de Gaulle to Notre Dame

Yukon
Level Contributor
119 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
RER from Charles de Gaulle to Notre Dame

We are leaving tomorrow for Paris, will arrive Friday A.m. Question, does the RER from Charles de Gaulle stop at Notre Dame and then hook up with St Michel and Odeon. Not familiar with this area and my metro map is difficult to read. HELP

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
491 reviews
from US$72.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.60*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.00*
US$334.40
Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RER from Charles de Gaulle to Notre Dame

Swifty,

If I understand what you are saying, the RER stops at St. Michel/Notre Dame. You walk underground to the Cluny/St. Germian stop. The Odeon stop is a short walk (above ground) going in the opposite direction of the traffic on Blvd St. Germain.

It might be helpful if you could mention exactly where you need to go. Perhaps I could give you better directions.

Ireland
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RER from Charles de Gaulle to Notre Dame

Hi

We did this exact route Mon (check my latest post). At CDG If you are at terminal 1 take exit door 22 (Signed metro to paris) you'll get on a bus to the RER station (free). It will be approx same from all terminals. At the station take RER b direct to St Michel- Notre Dame. Tickets are 7.85euro each way. When you arrive there are loads of exits so just check where you actually want to come out. It's scary the 1st time but actually very easy!

Have a great time.

PN

Hudson Valley, NY
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RER from Charles de Gaulle to Notre Dame

Paris Novis-

I was under the impression that if your plane arrives in Terminal 2 that you don't have to take a bus- because the RER leaves from terminal 2. Is this correct???? I will be doing the same route on Tuesday!

Ireland
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RER from Charles de Gaulle to Notre Dame

Hi,

I got the impression that you had to take the bus from all the terminals, but as I only experienced Term 1 can't be sure. When I read all the posts no-one ever mentioned any bus! Have a great visit.

PN