We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Well....I'm off...Finally!

Hudson Valley, NY
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Well....I'm off...Finally!

I am leaving tonite for Paris...finally! It has been a long time coming. I want to say thank you to all who have helped me over the past several months (who know who you are)! You have certainly made my trip "stress free" (as much as that's possible) by providing all the info you did!

The last thing I will ask is that somebody PLEASE..change that weather forecast! I am there 10 days, the first day looks good- but for the other 9 it says rain:( Oh well...I am gonna hope for the best anyway.

TO OUR DINNER COMPANIONS:

I will call the day before to Le Coupe Coupe to confirm our reservations. I have heard back from most of you saying that you will be there...if you see this and have changed you plans and won't be able to make it- please post to this saying so , and I will adjust the reservation. At this point I am going with 10.

Thanks again and I will post a report when I return!

Bon Voyage!

Muskego, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Well....I'm off...Finally!

Have a great trip RPL67. I am also being positive about the weather. I hear that the forcasts are usually wrong, I hope! Went to the search button and learned that the ATM's at the airport will be fine to get our euros. When are your dinner plans? Just curious, maybe we can meet you there. We are 3 sisters born in Holland that make it a point to travel to Europe every Spring. Last year we did Amsterdam and our hometown of Maastricht. Enjoy your trip.

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Well....I'm off...Finally!

We were forecast rain for 4 days out of 5. What we actually got was rain very early morning, a bit cloudy till about lunchtime, then brilliant sunshine for the rest of the day.

Muskego, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Well....I'm off...Finally!

Thanks Sussexgirl, I feel better allready. What can you suggest not to miss.

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Well....I'm off...Finally!

'what can you suggest not to miss?'

Well, definitely the Tour Montparnasse. No queues at all, and the views were fantastic.

The Jardins du Luxembourg.

Musee de Cluny(Moyen-age)

Have a look at some of the other ideas in my post 'Our favourites'

Muskego, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Well....I'm off...Finally!

Thanks Sussexgirl, I feel better allready. What can you suggest not to miss.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Well....I'm off...Finally!

At the risk of repeating myself...

Have a FABULOUS trip, Robin! And leave some wine/chocolate/ice cream for the rest of us...

;>)

L-

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
446 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Well....I'm off...Finally!

Have a great trip Robin...10 days in Paris! Lucky you!!! Can't wait for your report.

WI
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Well....I'm off...Finally!

Hope you have a fabulous trip!! My husband and I are right behind you -- leaving Wed. evening to arrive on Thursday morning....

Ohio
Level Contributor
115 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Well....I'm off...Finally!

I am leaving Thursday and am a little concerned about the rainy forecast, too. However, I just checked the BBC's forecast and it shows a sun/cloud for Friday and a sun for Saturday. They explained how they determine which symbol to use--if the day will be mostly sunny with a CHANCE of a shower, the sun symbol is used. So, even if it's complete hooey, let's all count on that reasoning and not worry!