We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommend me a restaurant - wedding anniversary

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
recommend me a restaurant - wedding anniversary

We are visiting Paris for a few days for our anniversary in Sept staying at the royal hotel magda etoile at 7 rue Troyon - 75017 PARIS.

I would like a few recommendations on restaurants for a special night out if possible - i am having problems trying to choose as there are so many.

Budget mabey 150 euro between the two of us

thanks

ed

australia
Level Contributor
187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommend me a restaurant - wedding anniversary

I was interested in your question as i am also planning to spend our anniversary in Paris.

As it it all new to me i am unable to help except to say there was a question similar to yours not long ago and i noted the response which you might find helpful. That is ofcourse unless you have already read it. Will pass it on just incase you missed it.

There were two - Cafe L'Homme across the Seine from Eiffel at Trocadero. The recommendation was sittinfg on the outside terrace which faces the Eiffel Tower. (serves great food.)

The other was Eiffel - Altitude95 which you can book online and the suggestion was to ask for a window seat.

Look forward to hearing any other suggestions and hope you have a wonderful time.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommend me a restaurant - wedding anniversary

I like restaurant "Le Sud" same street as Meridien hotel. Hotel also has a good restaurant and some jazz.

Go to Hotel at Porte Maillot, a Concorde something and have a drink at the bar on the 33rd (?) floor. One of the best views at sunset/

ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommend me a restaurant - wedding anniversary

just wanted to know if someone who can speak french could do me a favour.

I have tried altitude 95 after some recommendations but there is a voicemail in french which i cant understand. i think it says something about renovations.

I know jules verne is closed for renovations while we are in paris - i just am not sure about altitude 95. would someone check for me and see if i am right.

tks

ed

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: recommend me a restaurant - wedding anniversary

Sorry, neonitrix, I definitely don't have the answer to your lastest question; rather, I'm also interested in fine dining options and would hopefully like to join your discussion as opposed to starting another thread.... as there are a million in this Paris forum.

My parents are culminating a 21-day tour in Paris and I am trying to find a great restaurant for them to eat at. I think the primary factor that I would like recommendations on is where has incredible food? It doesn't necessarily have to be a famous place, but that might be fun if you don't have to pay double just for the name. However, it can be an expensive place as they aren't going to dine at this high-level of restaurants the whole trip.

I did quickly check the sticky threads and also tried the search button, but came up short. One thing that might be helpful to those viewing this thread is the contact info for "Altitude 95": 01 45 55 20 04 & desk.altitude95@restaurants-toureiffel.com

Thanks in advance.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recommend me a restaurant - wedding anniversary

Ia orana Luxuru trip

Best recommendation for a 3 Michelin star lesser known restaurant would be at the Hotel le Meurice near the Louvres.

A pnenomenal sea food restaurant will be found near the Invalides. It is called ' Le Divellec" pricey, yes it is, food and service beyond expectaitions Glad to still find nowadays that level of cuisine.

Bon appetit

meherio ( retired chef )

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recommend me a restaurant - wedding anniversary

a thought on contacting the Eiffel tower restaurant - call your Paris Hotel and see if they will make a reservation for you - we have done that in the past when out French does not measure up.

jhgrady

east coast
Level Contributor
223 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recommend me a restaurant - wedding anniversary

I have two places to suggest....

The first is a beautiful restaurant in the Bois de Boulogne area of Paris called L"Auberge du Bonheur. The only problem is that it is only open during certain times of the year. I'm not sure if September is one of them, but you can certainly check. It's an outdoor dining establishment and absolutely beautiful in the middle of the park-like setting with a waterfall. Telephone number is 01 42 24 10 17.

The second is a restaurant in the 17th arr. called Le Galvacher. It's located at 64 avenue des Ternes. Telephone number is 01 45 74 16 66. Their website is www.legalvacher.fr. The closest subway stop is Ternes. They take reservations.

Both of these restaurants were special places that our french friends took us to experience French dining. The last place was particularly good with steaks.

We had considered going to the top of the Eiffel Tower but they have drastically changed the menu and we didn't find many items of interest. The other problem was that we had been treated to two nice restaurant experiences (above) and we honestly didn't feel that anything else would top the experiences we had. Perhaps the company played a large role but for whatever reason, we ended our last night on the Champs Elysees at one of the italian restaurants near the Arc to enjoy people watching the tourist way :)

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: recommend me a restaurant - wedding anniversary

This is hilarious! My husband and I are staying at the EXACT same hotel this September for OUR wedding anniversary! We had the hotel call the Eiffel Tower and make dinner reservations for us. They were more than accomodating. We are SO looking forward to celebrating our 6th anniversary with dinner at the Eiffel Tower!

LuLu

9. Re: recommend me a restaurant - wedding anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 04:16