We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name of Hotel

herts.
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Name of Hotel

Help please!! About 11 maybe 12 years ago I went with a friend to Paris for one night,we stayed in a 2 or 3 star hotel with a rather grand staircase and a lovely lobby.It was within walking distance of the gare du nord as we had come on eurostar.It was a brilliant little hotel our room was clean,comfortable and the breakfast was lovely with of course wonderful hot chocolate.It could have closed down by now or have been refurbished but I have trawled through so many hotels now and none look familiar except may be the flora,it was down a little side street I seem to remember, it but it was the staircase that made it stand out,we went with Bridge Travel and the price was excellent.I would like to take my husband there as part of our 30th anniversary celebrations,so hope that somebody out there can help me!!!!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Name of Hotel

Time to start a journal and keeping notes !

herts.
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Name of Hotel

I do keep journals and memories,unfortunately we forgot a camera on this trip and my friend did the booking otherwise I would have a record,she doesn't and as we are now ladies of a certain age it is getting more difficult to remember!!! I don't know why I didn't write down the name of the hotel except that we really packed a lot in those two days and so ---if I could kick myself I would,I take it that no Francophile out there can help me?!

USA
Level Contributor
28,362 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Name of Hotel

>>>I take it that no Francophile out there can help me?!<<<

Perhaps not the '..easy way..' you'd hoped for...but a '..way..' nonetheless.

Try using the Paris Convention & Visitors Bureua '..HOTEL & ACCOMMODATIONS.. Search feature--

…parisinfo.com/paris-hotels/…1

This site lists most of the hotels in Paris...and allows you the SEARCH this listing by CATEGORY (1, 2, 3, 4, 4-star-deluxe) and by relative locations---nearest RER or METRO stations. Obviously, the place for you to begin would be '..RER: Gare du Nord..'....'..CITY: Paris..' This site isn't especially '..intuitive..' so it's generally better to provide '...less..' rather than '..more..' detailed information. What you should get is a listing of hotels, within the CATEGORY rating you've selected, within the relative area you've selected. From this search, you will get a list of all of the hotels, within that category in the area. Each hotel will have a general information page...and many will have direct 'hot links' to the individual hotel's own web site...most usually with photos of the hotel.

If you recollection of this hotel and its location---relative to Gare du Nord (north?.. south?.. east?..west?....approx how far away?..the name of the Metro station you used to get to and from it?, etc) can be drawn on, you may be able to narrow the parameters of your search to nearby Metro stations (clockwise around Gare du Nord)---BARBES-ROCHECHOUART....La CHAPELLE....STALINGRAD...LOUIS BLANC....GARE de l'EST....POISSONNIERE....ANVERS....remembering relative location details will certainly help.

Surprisingly, when Paris hotels change hands, they usually do not change names...so you may be able to '..recognize..' a hotel name. Even without a direct link to a hotel's own web site, you will get an address, which can be entered into another useful Paris research web site, and see at least a PHOTO of the hotel's facade....which may spark neurons into recollection--

PAGES JAUNES--

http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pj.cgi?lang=en

The process may take a bit of time...but it's not especially difficult.

4. Re: Name of Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 17:19