We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what district to stay in paris?

kihei, maui
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
what district to stay in paris?

aloha and bonjour,

my husband and i are planning a 3 week trip to paris next july for bastille day through the end of the tour de france. we are looking at apartments to rent, but i'm not sure what arrondissement would be the best. i was thinking the 6th? near rue cler and bon marche? we both love restaurants, markets, culture and to be central in the city and easy access. any suggestions and recommendations would be great. and what to stay away from too.

mahalo and merci!!!

The Green Way
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours
1 Visit 4 You
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Original Food Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Driver-Guide-France
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,709 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what district to stay in paris?

I have stayed in the 1St, 5th, 9th and 6th.

I liked all of them, but, I must say, I like the 6th the best of all!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what district to stay in paris?

I agree - love the 6th, or closer to Rue Cler on the border of the 6th and 7th would be perfect as well.

California
Level Contributor
929 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what district to stay in paris?

I also agree , loved the 6th. Stayed on Rue Jacob but anywhere in that area is a nice slice of Paris.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,299 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what district to stay in paris?

we stayed right by the Opera in the 9th.

restaurants, shops, and the Galleries Lafayette close by.

and we could still walk to alot of the sites if we wanted to.

Minneapolis, Mn
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: what district to stay in paris?

For my money its the 4th the Marais is a gem so much to do, easy to get around fun and exciting tonight ,is Friday. The streets are filled with people enjoying themselves you are close to may of the Biggies and the Metro runs the length of the Seine very near by. Resturants galore shopping of all kinds. you will love where ever it is you decide to hang your hat.

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what district to stay in paris?

6, then 1, 4, 5, or 7 as long as your close to the Seine.

st thomas, vi
Level Contributor
21 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what district to stay in paris?

We were on Rue Vaugirard in the 6th for 2 weeks in June in a great apartment (www.chezvous.com) and thought it was the most dreamy location we've ever stayed. A short walk to Lux. Gardens, within a one block area we had a 4 star rest. markets, bakeries, patisseries, and a short walk to the Sunday Market on Raspail, the most wonderful organic market in the world! The neighborhood is a lovely mix of boutiques and local small bistros etc. Will go back in a minute!

8. Re: what district to stay in paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 08:19