We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 Days in Paris... What Am I missing?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
111 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
6 Days in Paris... What Am I missing?

I am down to the wire and fell like my paris Itinerary needs some work. Any suggestions, additions, and changes would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, 14 Sep- Arrive 8:00

Day- Eiffel Tower

Dinner and Drinks - Rue De Lombards

Saturday 15 Sep:

Day- Louve

Night- Cruise on Seine

Sunday 16 Sep:-

Day-Versaille

Night- Dinner and Drinks - Rue de Princess (Princess and the Frog)

Monday 17 Sep-

Day -Monmartre

Night- Eiffel Tower

Tuesday 18 Sep-

Day- D'Orsey

Champs Elysees

Night- Moulon Rouge

19 Sep- Travel to Roma

simpsonville,sc
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 Days in Paris... What Am I missing?

I personally would add L"Orangerie to the Louvre day and Musee Rodin to the D"orsay day.

And some museums have evening hours

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 Days in Paris... What Am I missing?

I's strongly consider an evening Seine cruise on your last night. We did that last year and were just overwhelmed at how beautiful it all was...a different experience than in the day. We loved it so much we promised we'd return this year and so we shall in October.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 Days in Paris... What Am I missing?

Where are the parks or gardens? jardin de Tuileries, Jardin de Luxembourg?

Cathedral Notre Dame?

The Marais? Latin Quarter?

You don't need to spend all day at the Eiffel or at the Louvre or in Montmartre... so you've got room to add a bit more.

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 Days in Paris... What Am I missing?

On your first day are you arriving at 8am or 8pm? You have Eiffel Tower listed on two different days (day and night?) It isn't worth climbing twice. It is worth seeing while it is twinkling but you can do that from a variety of places while you are on the ground. I suggest that on your first day (if you arrive in the morning) that you take a Paris Lights Illumination Segway tour in the evening. It begins and ends at the Eiffel Tower. Or you could take the morning Segway tour which begins at 10am (if you want to do your dinner plans) and then go up the Eiffel Tower when you are done with the tour.

How are you getting to Rome? If you take the train from the Gare de Lyon Station, perhaps you could eat at Le Train Bleu before you leave. Gorgeous restaurant!

How about some walking around various neighborhoods--Left Bank, Marais--get the feel of the neighborhoods.

5. Re: 6 Days in Paris... What Am I missing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 18:17