We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is Disneyland the place to go?

Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
is Disneyland the place to go?

Hi!

My husband and I are in our 20s and are hoping to visit the Paris disneyland next year. We have never been to any of the Disneylands. Is the paris disneyland an outing for families with kids or is it attractive to all? is it worth the €51 for a pass to both parks? we are hoping to do a day trip out from paris and were wondering if it is possible to do both parks in one day? We have no idea and would be very grateful for any advice!

Many thanks!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
490 reviews
from US$73.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.60*
US$335.10
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,385 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is Disneyland the place to go?

Frankly I wouldn't bother, BUT, I have gone to Disneyland Paris( I went with my teen two years ago) and I have been to the Disneyland in California also ( twice, once as a child , and once in my twenties), so I can understand your curiosity.

First, if you have less then 5 days in Paris there is no way I would waste one on Disney, but lets say you have longer, fine blow a day just to say " you've done Disney" . It isn't the worst place in the world, so although of course Paris is a millions times better I can be understanding.

Do not bother with the two park pass, the Studio is said to be boring,,, not that much to see for the extra money.

You can definately do Disneyland in a day. We bought the two day pass for 42 euros,, it was 40 euros for the one day pass and only 2 euros more for the extra day, so I thought why not.?

We saw everything we wanted to in a day, and when I asked my son if HE ( 14 at the time) wanted to return for the second day he said " no let's just stay in Paris" .

Find out about "fast passes" and use them. We did most of the popular rides twice this way.

Take lots of money for food, expensive.

Train stops right outside entrance so easy to get to.

If you do a search on your computer you will actually be able to find " Disney " forums,,, where everyone loves Disney,, LOL, and I am sure you can get more info on the Studio .

Cannock
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: is Disneyland the place to go?

Hi waleah

I would personally just stick to the disney park and not bother with the studio as you wouldn't have enough time in one day to do both.

You will love it never too old for disney and maybe it wil wet your apetite for florida hope you have a good time and enjoy it all.

Angela

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: is Disneyland the place to go?

We included a day trip to Euro Disney this year on our first OE. Like yourselves, we had never been to a Disney before - so we were very excited and had high expectations. We had a full day there - dropped off at 8.30am and picked up at 7.30pm - so got to see most things. We are well and truly past our 20's and certainly enjoyed ourselves. Quite a few of the rides and attractions are definitely aimed at the kids and quite a few for big kids. Like a previous poster said - food is expensive and pretty junky - so if you are wanting something decent - maybe take a picnic.

Would I recommend?? I guess if you have never been to a disney and you are in Paris and have a spare day - why not!!! Enjoy.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
754 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is Disneyland the place to go?

Just bite the bullet and go. The ticket for both parks isn't much more expensive anymore - in fact the standard ticket covers both parks. You can easily do the best bits in one day if you use some of the advise over at the DLP forum on TripAdvisor.

Its a fun way to spend a day. If you go without expecting a Renaissance cultural experience, you will enjoy it.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is Disneyland the place to go?

I might be wrong but I seem to remember that you are not allowed to take food bought outside Disney into the park. So if that is correct you may be stuck with what is on offer in the park unless you can smuggle something in and then hide under a tree to eat it. We weren't very impressed at the value or quality of the food outlets.

As you may have guessed by now we are not huge Disney fans. The bit we enjoyed most was when Cinderella tripped getting down from her carriage and was only saved from falling flat on her face by Prince Charming. Oh and the prancing male dancers in the parade. Worst bit was the "It's A Small World After All" ride. Husband nearly ran away screaming and pulling his hair out at that point.

Coming all the way from Australia don't make this a must-see if time is short. It is after all only a theme park and you find those all over the world now. Enjoy Paris!:-)

Level Contributor
3,503 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is Disneyland the place to go?

If you are staying in Paris for 7 days or less, I would not go to Disney. Paris requires all of that time and then some.

Les

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is Disneyland the place to go?

As a DLP fan, I would go if I was in the area

You could do it all in one day but I wouldn't bother with the Studios

Joan has given you good advice

The poster who says you can't take food in is right although they do not stop you taking drinks in and they (drinks) are certainly expensive inside the park! We always take a couple of bottles of water and stick them under the buggy. There is nothing to stop you taking in food if you say you are coming back out of the park to eat it ;)

Have fun!

Scotland
Level Contributor
307 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is Disneyland the place to go?

joan1

Where did you get the 2 park tickets for that price?

Thanks

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,385 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is Disneyland the place to go?

We did not do the studio,,, we purchased the two DAY pass to Disneyland, . The Studio is extra.We actually were going to buy the Studio pass also but standing in line we chatted with some Brits who strongly advised against it. We bought the tickets at the gate( this I would avoid,, the line took a LONG time,, seemed line an hour ,, or thereabouts! This surprised me as in DL Anahiem the lines seemed to move much much faster! I think it is because there are so many options( it is confusing) , and of course language issues, as people from all over Europe go to Disneyland Paris.

BTW I understand there is a new ride( a roller coaster I think ) in the Studio park now( there wasn't in 2005) so if one is a roller coaster person please confirm that information before you regard my " I heard it was boring " comment. LOL

Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is Disneyland the place to go?

Thanks so much for all the advice! we only have 4 days in Paris and it sounds like there are a lot better ways to occupy that time! The price I previously posted I got from my Lonelyplanet book, but couldnt find it anywhere else since, so not sure if it is up to date or not! Once again, thanks for the help, I think a day trip to Normandy/Versailles sounds like it might be a bit better value for time and money!