We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reservation

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
28 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
reservation

I just e-mailed a request in french to my hotel in the Loire Valley asking them to make a reservation in Bléré at Le Cheval Blanc. I got a response saying "Please book yourself, we don't know all conditions for reservation." Is it totally out of the ordinary to make this request to a hotel in France. I find this toatlly inconvenient - one reason to stay at nice hotels is for this service? What other conditions could there be, table for four, 8:00, october 10 th, etc.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reservation

I have made several reservations for dinner via hotels. Always in big cities thugh I am not sure why it should matter....

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reservation

Since this is in the Loire Valley, maybe peple on the Loire forum could give you better insights? If I were to guess, I would say that hotels in large cities are more accustomed to doing this - if yours is a small one in a small town that might explain it. Also, they might just not be comfortable as they could not answer any questions the restaurant might have. Why not just call the restaurant yourself?

3. Re: reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 07:20