We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris - Transportationstrike?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
7 posts
Save Topic
Paris - Transportationstrike?

I'm hearing some murmurings of another strike from the transporation sector coming up in November. I'll scheduled to visit Paris from Nov. 17 to 25. Does anyone have any more information on the upcoming strike?

Thank you for any info on this.

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
322 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris - Transportationstrike?

We just left Paris and where told there would be a strike starting 13 November. Do not know how long strike will be. Air France was going on strike, also we heard.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
466 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris - Transportationstrike?

If you go to Fodor's you will find a local person, Kerouac, who is keeping all advised on things with the strike.

Yes, it is going to cause a lot of problems. I was in Paris last month during the strike. This one will be much larger and probably last longer.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris - Transportationstrike?

well whitelites, i can assure you that nov 14th strikes is a begining of "great s...hit" in the french system, the strikes are subject to continuation ...

Vancouver
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris - Transportationstrike?

Thank you all! Found Paris Logue with lots of updates. Much appreciate everyone for pitching in with info!

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris - Transportationstrike?

by the way, do you know which bird can sing when the feet in the sh..it ? the french cockerel ..... of course .....

6. Re: Paris - Transportationstrike?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 18:17